Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Potion

Object » linked to 490 games

A potion is any sort of liquid, usually brewed by an alchemist, that replenishes the health, mana, or energy of the player, or causes damage to an enemy. Potions are extremely common in role-playing games.

Elixirs, flasks and health vials

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Doogie2K

Are elixirs and flasks considered distinct from potions?  What is the distinction?  Do health vials from action games (Doom, Heretic, etc.) count as potions, or are they separate as well?  (My inclination is yes, I don't know beyond the game-to-game semantics, and yeah, they're probably just potions.)

Lance_McCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lance_McCloud

I think the distinction can be made for any item that contain a fluid that need to be either digested or injected into someone for its restorative properties to be activated. I think the actual container is unimportant in the issue.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

I dunno but they make a ding noise and my dude keeps alive

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.