Power Instinct 2 (known in Japan as Gouketsuji Ichizoku 2, roughly translated to "Gouketsuji Clan Dependents 2") is a 2D fighting game developed and released by Atlus for arcades in April 1994.
It is the sequel to the original Power Instinct, adding new wacky and bizarre characters and stages (making each fight seem like a stage performance) while adding a super meter (known as the "Stress" meter). It later received a spin-off in 1995, titled Gogetsuji Legends, which added a 2-on-2 tag-team round system.
The story of Power Instinct 2 takes place after the original, where the eldest Goketsuji sister is defeated by her sister Otane. After Otane's disappearance, however, a new tournament is held by her mother to determine who then leads the Goketsuji clan.
The game was also ported to the Sony PlayStation on October 20, 1995 exclusively in Japan under the name Gouketsuji Ichizoku 2: Chottodake Saikyou Densetsu (the sub-title loosely translated to "Just a Little Bit of Legend of the Strongest". This version adds a bonus Team Battle mode based on Gogetsuji Legends. This version was later digitally re-released on the PlayStation Network (as a PSone Classics title) exclusively in Japan on April 13, 2011.
- Kurara Hanakouji (can transform into her older "Super Kurara" form, although it is a separate character in the "Team Battle" mode of the PS1 port)
- Sahad Asran Ryuto
- Kanji Kokuin (can transform into his "frail" form after a certain special move)
- Kinta Kokuin (can transform into his older "Pochi" form, although it is a separate character in the "Team Battle" mode of the PS1 port)
- Oshima Goketsuji (sub-boss)
- Kuroko (based on the later Gogetsuji Legends appearance, only available in the "Team Battle" mode of the PS1 port)
- Chuck (based on his later Gogetsuji Legends appearance, only available in the "Team Battle" mode of the PS1 port with the use of a cheat code)