The first Predator 2 came out in 1990 in North America. Being a " on rails shooter" of sorts, it came out on PC in 1990 and on Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum in 1991. The game was also published by Konami.
The second game came out in 1991 for the Sega Master System in Europe and in 1992 for Game Gear and Genesis/Mega Drive in Europe and North America. The game is a shooter and published by Arena Entertainment.
Overview- (Genesis/Megadrive version)
The Predator is in town with a few days to kill!!! It comes from a distant world... invisible, it's armed with powerful weapons unlike anything we know. It mercilessly stalks humans.. for sport. As Lt. Harrigan, it's up to you to rescue the innocent people from the clutches of the evil drug gangs-- before they become trophies of the Predator. Search the streets, rooftops, and subways until you confront IT. The Predator is on the hunt... find him before he finds you!
~Passage from the back of the case
Weapons- (Genesis/Megadrive version)
- Rifle - Provides greater firepower than the standard issue firearm.
- Scatter Gun - Sprays streams of bullets across a wide field of fire.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun - The most powerful firearm supplied by L.A.P.D. ballistics.
- Grenade - Highly effective explosive for concentrated pockets of gang members or vehicles.
Aid- (Genesis/Megadrive version)
- Flak Jacket - Increases your life meter to 100%.
- First Aid Kit - Rewards you with an extra life.
The game also provides a password-save system for the seven levels within the game.