Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 05, 2017

The second game released with the Prey title, the player assumes the role of Morgan Yu as they attempt to escape the space station Talos-1 after a catastrophic alien outbreak.

Controller input problems? (Ps4)

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey duders,

Just got the game and I am experiencing some really odd controller problems. First aiming feels strange and none responsive, like a bit of lag. Also, the left stick (move) is super sensitive. I barely need to touch the left stick and the character starts moving. I have tried different controllers for the last problem, but all are the same. Not having this problem in other games.

Have you duders experienced something similar ?

Thx!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By glots

Well, the demo on PS4 suffered from this exact problem and just about everyone complained about it. The devs said that it would be fixed for the final release, so...I don't know how that ended up going then, if you're playing the game now.

Guess I'm passing on a new AAA release for once, even though I grew pretty excited for this. Or at least I'm waiting for a discount, since those seem to happen pretty fast with big releases too these days. At least the pc-version apparently runs fine, which is an improvement from Dishonored 2.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Same experience on Xbox One. No matter how high I set the sensitivity, aiming is just never right. I think it's just one of those games that controls bad on console for some reason. Dishonored 2 controlled in similar weird-ass way.

Weren't they supposed to patch this?

EDIT: yeah, I guess they were

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird, well glad it's not just me. But it sucks that such a critical part of the game feels so sloggish... hopefully a patch will fix it soon.

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit:

What is worse, is that I had to bump the difficulty back down to easy mode from normal because the controller input is so bad. It generally makes it almost impossible to hit anything.

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmm, this is strange. I got the game yesterday and have put around 8 hours into it. There was a patch when I booted up which I had assumed fixed the controller issues because I haven't had any. During the demo the hacking game and shooting was really wonky but its fine now. Also really loving the game so far, reading everything I find and exploring all the nooks and crannies for cool stuff.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

Waiting for reviews but from the Digital Foundry comparison it looks like this is one of those games where there's PS4/Xbox parity so I'd be happy to pick up on Xbox (if it reviews well).

EdwardLove1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EdwardLove1990

I've got an even weirder issue.

Received a review copy and I've got a bug where the game thinks the left analogue stick is being pushed even when it's not. I'm using an old controller, granted, but never ever encountered something like this before. And when I'm irradiated it's 10x worse. See vid below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1KzrZzVPA

EdwardLove1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EdwardLove1990

Here's one of me irradiated pushing absolutely nothing. It's a nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU49K3vkONQ

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'm not sensitive to this stuff? I'm now 11 hours into the PS4 version and have been progressing just fine. I wouldn't have known there was an issue unless it was brought up.

I did have some trouble in the demo hitting mimics but I can deal with them fine now. I got used to their movement and that they might leap right past you and attack from behind.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

For those of you having trouble with the wrench - I'd suggest you try swinging earlier. The animation makes it look like you need to be super close to hit something, when in reality the hitbox for it is a fair distance out in front of you. If you try to hit things based on the way the game animates, you'll end up being too close and things will duck under your swing.

It's not great, that's for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.