Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 05, 2017

The second game released with the Prey title, the player assumes the role of Morgan Yu as they attempt to escape the space station Talos-1 after a catastrophic alien outbreak.

There's gonna be a quickly right?

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BinaryDragon

I would think by now it would be on the dock on the main page but it isn't, is the team gonna do a quicklook of this?

Stupid title typo. I'm not fixing it. Live your mistakes.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Considering it's Bethesda and they don't give out review copies to outlets anymore, the QL would probably be next week.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I vote for Quick Looks to now be known as Quicklies.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@dgtlty: It's San Francisco, so it would have to be named something more like Quikli.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is out this week? WHAT. Well now I have something new to look forward to.

schindigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hm, the guys (west coast) have been pretty quiet about it, like almost totally quiet on it for some reason. Vinny has talked about it a couple times but mainly in passing. If they do one I almost guarantee it'll be the GBeast guys (Vinny).

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schindigg: There haven't been early review copies of the game and I guess the other coverage would be from preview events, which GB don't seem interested in covering​ as much as other outlets.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Keep in mind that it's a Bethesda game, which probably means that they don't even have a copy of it yet.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CJduke

@schindigg said:

Hm, the guys (west coast) have been pretty quiet about it, like almost totally quiet on it for some reason. Vinny has talked about it a couple times but mainly in passing. If they do one I almost guarantee it'll be the GBeast guys (Vinny).

They have probably been quiet about it because I'm sure Jeff is incredibly annoyed Bethesda isn't giving out review copies to sites anymore and is giving their games to youtubers. I remember him going on about it when it got announced last year, so I'm sure doing absolutely no pre-release (talking about it on the Bombcast) or day of release coverage is totally on purpose.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@cjduke said:
    @schindigg said:

They have probably been quiet about it because I'm sure Jeff is incredibly annoyed Bethesda isn't giving out review copies to sites anymore and is giving their games to youtubers. I remember him going on about it when it got announced last year, so I'm sure doing absolutely no pre-release (talking about it on the Bombcast) or day of release coverage is totally on purpose.

The GB guys have been in this line of work for so long while being cognizant of maintaining high ethical and professional standards throughout that I can't imagine them suddenly developing a petty grudge against a publisher and letting that affect how they do their jobs. If they're not talking about a game, that's because they're either embargoed from doing so or they have nothing in particular to say about it. In Prey's case, they likely have not had any special pre-release access to the game, so they have no basis for sharing any firsthand thoughts on it. The only basis for talk they have so far is news, of which there hasn't been much of note (no standout controversies, big delays, marketing stunts, etc.).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like said, there were no review copies given out and the game's only out today (here at least) so gotta wait 'till next week probably. Suppose there's also a chance they'll do it live, but those usually get announced only few hours beforehand.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dgtlty said:

I vote for Quick Looks to now be known as Quicklies.

Seconded. :-P

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will after they get a copy i am sure, Bethesda doesn't give review/preview copies out anymore for whatever reason.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...oooohhh! A Quickly!

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blacklab

They will after they get a copy i am sure, Bethesda doesn't give review/preview copies out anymore for whatever reason.

Gamespot has one up

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.