Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Ubisoft returns to the Sands of Time universe for a fourth time in this May 2010 release, set in between the first two games in the trilogy and coinciding with the release of the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie.

Forgotten Sands teaser from the VGAs. Thoughts?

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By vaiz

I don't know what to think. To be fair, it's just a teaser, showing us practically nothing we didn't already expect to see. Desert, some sort of palace, prince doing flippy things, lots of sand. ...Lots of sand.
    And it's CG at that, so we don't even have a clue what it'll really look like. The few things I can say basically come down to:

• What is that giant sand thing at the end? I know the fact that this game even exists is shitting all over SoT trilogy's canon (Read: Unless it is, infact, a Midquel between SOT and WW, as LiquidPrince brought up.), but I'm pretty sure Kaileena being the origin of the sands and their removal from existence at the end of TTT rules out any possibility of some huge embodiment of the sands.
    • If those are, in fact, 'other' sands of time (That have been apparently forgotten about), where did they come from and why is the prince rocking his Warrior Within garb?
    • Something about the Prince's face really bugs me. He looks nothing like his old Trilogy form, or even Jake Gyllenhal for that matter. Also that hair is hilarious.

I know, I know, it's just a teaser, stop being so damn nitpicky. I'm sorry, no one had posted this teaser yet and the rule as we all know is if you're going to post a video, post some commentary with it. There's my commentary. Talk amongst yourselves now.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Loving it. Warrior Within prequel I think, base on the fact that he doesn't have the scar or tribal tattoo's.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Loving it. Warrior Within prequel I think. "
    I really do hope so. At least that way it would fit within the trilogy's storyline, rather than "Shitting all over" it, as the OP so eloquently put it.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vaiz
    @LiquidPrince said:

I had a similar thought. Those seven years between SoT and WW have been largely left untouched. (The more or less forgotten about and obscure game Battles of Prince of Persia briefly touched on them, I think.) So it's entirely possible that they're going to cover his search for the origins of the sands. At least we'll finally see how charming SoT prince because his edgy latter self if that's true.

Also, I don't think he has his eyebrow scar he got in the beginning of WW there, so that helps the point.

@jukezypoo

I calls it like I sees it.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

It's PoP.  You already know what to expect.  They don't need to change anything for it to play like a PoP game.  The problem I have is that it's going to be a way of milking money from the hype around the movie this summer...rather than actually taking the time to make some pure quality. 

That's not to say the game will be bad, but personally, I'm satisfied with the Sands trilogy in terms of story.  I don't need someone to tell me the "forgotten" story within it all.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CountRockula

Looks like a movie cash-in to me.  Not necessarily tied to the movie in any way, but definitely made to capitalize on it.  Makes me sad, because I would have very much preferred to see where the new PoP was headed.  Hopefully they haven't completely abandoned it.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Always liked the  PoP Trilogy , so another game in that setting sounds great to me.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Hate it based on what I've seen. I want the follow-up to last year's game (which, by the looks of it, this isn't).

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By MildMolasses
    @Sleepy_Insomniac:
    Me too. PoP was probably my favourite game from last year. 

I only ever played the first of the Sands trilogy, and I liked it except for the combat which I found frustrating. I'm sure it will be good, but I really wanted that vagabond to find his donkey
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Toxin066

That trailer showed nothing about nothing. I don't like The Prince's eyes. Something about them seems off.  

I want to see how the platforming holds up against titles like Assassin's Creed and Uncharted 2.    Right now, when I think solid platform/action gaming I think of those two titles. If you would have asked me a couple years ago, I would have definitely included the PoP. I think our standards have changed though. I'm expecting a lot out of this game.

The pedigree of Ubisoft Montreal is really quite assuring. I'm sure It will be a good game. The thing I'm wondering, I guess, is will it be a great game?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64

I still need to play PoP from last year.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

So we have a game based on a movie which was based on a game? 

I haven't been particularly impressed with the past few PoP games (the last especially) and the pre-rendered trailer they showed last night was pretty dire.
    Hopefully I'm wrong, but I get the feeling this is nothing but a quick movie cash in.

popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By popmasterruler
    @punkxblaze said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

I had a similar thought. Those seven years between SoT and WW have been largely left untouched. (The more or less forgotten about and obscure game Battles of Prince of Persia briefly touched on them, I think.) So it's entirely possible that they're going to cover his search for the origins of the sands. At least we'll finally see how charming SoT prince because his edgy latter self if that's true.

Also, I don't think he has his eyebrow scar he got in the beginning of WW there, so that helps the point.

@jukezypoo  I calls it like I sees it. "
    I wonder if the forgotten sands is basically a console port of Battles of Prince of Persia.Also could someone make a video walkthrough of that game?So far no one has even though it's been out for a few years and I'd like to know what the story is in that game.Also a video walkthrough for prince of persia the fallen king would be greatly appreciated.A few people started to do one but never finished.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Black_Rose
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Loving it. Warrior Within prequel I think, base on the fact that he doesn't have the scar or tribal tattoo's. "
    Most likely. That shadow near the end looked a lot like the Dahaka to me, so maybe you're right. 
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By carlthenimrod

The art style is a step backwards from last year's game in my opinion.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Brendan

I'm just taking it for what it is, a cash in for the movie's (hopeful) popularity, albeit done with more class and effort than the usual games of that stripe.  I can't care about it that much only because I'm really interested in a sequel to 2008's PoP.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman

I wanted a direct sequel to the last game. I loved that last Prince of Persia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.