Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

Prince of Persia achievement pics

jhosaphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Edited By jhosaphat

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that all of Prince of Persia's achievement pictures are the same? It just strikes me as being something a company might do if it were a game coming out in November of 2006. I know it has no effect on the gameplay what so ever, but it seems lazy.

J

jhosaphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jhosaphat

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that all of Prince of Persia's achievement pictures are the same? It just strikes me as being something a company might do if it were a game coming out in November of 2006. I know it has no effect on the gameplay what so ever, but it seems lazy.

J

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By AvD

Yup, lazy indeed.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

agreed , it is the first game with such achievement pictures I have seen so far

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Haha, at first I thought the picture would just cover the basic tutorial achievements. Yeah, apparently all of them use it. You know, I'm not so sure that it's such a big deal. I'm not really bothered by it. Achievement pictures really don't matter all that much anyway. But hey, who knows, they could always add pictures as an update or something.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Maybe they thought less was more?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

Not on topic but.. Does this game have trophies?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

I haven't even played the game yet, but the fact that something like this happened is some bullshit.  I mean, yeah...it's not a central part of gameplay.  However, when I put down money for a game, I'm buying EVERYTHING included with that game...including the time that went into putting those pictures on the achievements.  There are games like Fallout 3 and L4D that have some super awesome achievement pictures...but this highly-stylized and visually-impressive game doesn't have quality achievement pictures?

I'm sorry, but that's just lame-o-extreme-o.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "agreed , it is the first game with such achievement pictures I have seen so far"
    Lots of games half-ass it like this, for instance: Monopoly. A majority of the games that used the same achievement picture for every one are usually from the beginning of the system's lifespan.
    marcusfriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By marcusfriendly

I noticed that to, but to me it dosent make much difference

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
    Snail said:
    "Not on topic but.. Does this game have trophies?"
    Yes.
    lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By lebkin
    jhosaphat said:
    " it seems lazy. 
    I thought it was weird and a bit lazy as well.  It is possible they put a lot of time and effort into the rest of the game, leaving those as a low priority.  Which is fine with me.  Left 4 Dead is given as an example of good pictures; I would trade those pictures for Versus mode in another campaign (I know that's not a real possible switch, just a hypothetical option). 

The other possibility is that the PS3 version was the lead platform.  And since Trophies don't have photos, they didn't put primary resources into making them.  When the games was then ported over to the Xbox, there was just minimal resources put into the images.  Anyone know which was lead for PoP?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.