Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

Will Ubisoft ever make a sequel to this?

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I really enjoyed this game and it's story and characters and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a sequel to this? Do you think they will do one?

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By InfiniteGeass
    @joey: Not the game I'm talking about...
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By FreakAche
    Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Master_Funk

Hopefully next year since they said there wont be an Assassins creed 3 till 2012, though AC is now firmly their flagship franchise so who knows how much effort they even care anymore

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RockAction

Cant imagine a reboot will happen any time soon 

the movie performed poorly critically and commercially compared to their expectations and the game released alongside it though not connected didnt fair much better 

and as slayer22 points out assassins creed is their main focus for free-running franchises so i cant imagine they'll want to touch this for a while 

i still think they could make a decent sequel to the 2008 game, i enjoyed it from a visual point of view but the gameplay wasnt great, very repetitive, but if they made it more like assassins creed with the art direction similar to the 2008 reboot it could be an exciting game

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RedRoach

I can't remember where i read this but, a Ubi dev said that the tie in game to the movie was a one time things, and that there is another team working on the sequel to PoP 2008

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nick_verissimo

Felt inclined to give this thread a shot in the arm. I really loved this game and I know that it was pretty polarizing in the gaming community. Based upon the fact that we are basically 3 years removed from any mention of this game, should we assume it's done? The epilogue definitely left it open for a sequel, but it seems like hope for sequel is all but gone, which is a shame. It's truly a beautiful game and I wish more people had gotten through it to see that.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Brendan

God I want a sequel so badly, I loved that game even with it's dialed down difficulty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.