Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! is the sequel to Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? Like the original Prinny title, Prinny 2 is a side-scrolling platformer for the PSP based on the side characters from Nippon Ichi Software's Disgaea series. The game was released in North America on January 11, 2011.
This time around, Master Etna's panties have been pilfered. Her Prinny servants, the souls of damned mortals trapped in the bodies of ridiculous peg-legged penguins, take it upon themselves to locate and retrieve her underwear after being ordered to do so.
The Prinnies have 10 hours to find her panties and collect various rare items threw out the netherworld. After completing each stage, there is a boss based on which hour the player decided to complete the stage and a different story line for each.
Like the original Prinny, Prinny 2 sets the player on a challenging quest to clear a series of side-scrolling levels. The level layouts are designed to be incredibly challenging, and as such the player begins with a stock of a thousand lives. The Prinny under the player's control can run, jump, and slash at enemies with knives. However, the Prinny will be knocked back upon taking a hit, and the player has no directional control over the Prinny once it is airborne in mid-jump.
The game has three difficulty levels.
- Hell's Finest: The Prinny dies after one hit.
- Standard: The Prinny dies after three hits, just like in the original game.
- Baby Mode: The Prinny dies after four hits. This mode replaces the Prinny's scarf icon at the upper left with a diaper, and has extra hit replenishments scattered throughout the stages as well as easier platforming.
- The Prinny can do a hip pound on enemies to stun them and find hidden dolls in the ground of the levels.
- The Prinny can enter break mode unlocking three more moves Prinny can do, including:
- The prinnykaze, a powerful move that allows it to dash forward attacking (usually destroying) multiple enemies in front of them.
- The Husky Hip Pound, which is an amplified version of the regular hip pound that they can charge so that it not only stuns enemies but also inflicts damage.
- The Prinny Cyclone, which can possible stun enemies as well as do damage to them with the scarf while spinning. Like the regular cyclone Prinny becomes invincible for a short period of time when spinning at a certain speed.
Each stage contains and orb that will unlock a spirit back at the Prinny base. Spirits provide various additional things the player can check up on back at the base. The first orb collected unlocks the ability to save and is the only one automatically given to the player, at the end of the first tutorial stage.
The player collect various sweets throughout stages to turn into the concierge to pay for help in stages after they gain invitations. Invitations are gotten by slaying strange monsters they might find in certain levels.