Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prison Architect

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 06, 2015

The latest game announced by acclaimed indie developer, Introversion Software, in which players build and manage the day-to-day operations of a maximum security prison.

Backlog 365: Day 30 - Prison Architect

phishyphishy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By phishyphishy
    No Caption Provided

For Backlog 365 I plan on playing one game on my backlog everyday this year and write about it. For each game I will decide if I want to put it on my "Shelved" list (games that I plan to come back to and play in depth) or put it on the "Retired" list (games that I will delete or sell and move on with my life).

• January 30
    • PC
    • Time Played: 54 minutes

I'm going to get real here for a second. I was legitimately unhappy about what Prison Architect makes you do for the tutorial mission, and I have yet to really decide if that was a good thing or not. At first I really didn't realize what I was doing. I guess I was distracted by the process of learning to play a new and fairly complex game. But then, after I built the execution building, I realized that Prison Architect wanted me to facilitate capital punishment, something I find morally reprehensible. I know, I know, it's a game and I have constantly been willing to do things against my beliefs, like killing, killing, and more killing. And, because of that, I was even surprised that I felt so uneasy, and honestly betrayed by the game. I think it's because Prison Architect doesn't warn you about the consequences of your actions right up front and instead lets you blindly follow until it fully displays what you helped do. I understand and appreciate what the game is doing, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

However, I came back. I decided that I should see where the game goes. I am intrigued by how Prison Architect is merging story telling into the sim game. I don't know how much of this game I will ultimately play, but I will return to it.

Judgment: Shelved

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.