Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 15, 2015

Konami's long-running soccer franchise returns for a 2015 release, taking more advantage of the Fox Engine, among many other improvements.

Surprise! Konami is making another one!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

September 18th making that month even more crucial for the company.

Here's a trailer. Something tells me Neymar's on the cover.

• Advanced Collision System

Let’s get physical! PES 2016 will feature a significantly improved collision system which will calculate how players interact and create a unique outcome based on the type of impact. This means that the physicality of the modern game on the pitch will be realised on screen too.

• Aerial Strength

Aeriel battles have also been modified within this iteration, taking advantage of the new physicality system to create a completely unique experience. Players will now be able to position their player to battle the opposition and/or find the best position to connect with a header or volley.

• 1v1 Control

Enhancements have been made for players taking on opponents in one and one situations with improvements in both the range of movements and response times associated with being face to face with an opponent. This includes an upgrade in feint moves which will mean that as well as creating space, a sudden, skillful directional change could cause the defender to lose their balance.

• Perfect Defence

Tackles are about to become meatier, with perfectly executed challenges now also shoving the player out of the way to gain control of the ball. This means a quicker turnaround in possession, allowing for a more free flowing game.

• Intelligent Player AI

An improved concept of team strategy means 2-3 player combination moves will be available depending on how players set their tactics. Players will also no longer have to manually trigger one-twos with teammates as players will run into space of their own accord.

• Goal Keeper ID

Similarly to last year’s Player ID, new goal keeper parameters have been added which will vary catching, clearance, collapsing and deflecting characteristics within keepers. This means that defending can be tailored to how you think your keeper will best deal with potential attacks.

• Celebration Control

Players will now be able to control which goal celebration a player executes once scoring. This will be done by on-screen prompts allowing a player to trigger proceedings at the press of a button.

I don't care for that last one and, to be fair, they did a good job with keeper individuality on the last one. Imagine importing is due for the PS4 version which should make editing an awful lot less painful, compared to last year. Master League gets a total revamp and dynamic weather becomes a thing for the series for the first time ever.

I'm optimistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think my phone can run that game..

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why God invented companion apps. Naughty God. He and Michael Transactions will be ashamed of their words and deeds.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm pretty excited for this game actually. I'm excited for all new overhauled Master League.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5 MattyFTM  Moderator

Konami making a video game? That is actually somewhat a surprise.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@tothenines: I laughed at that joke, then I became sad...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.