Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Procedural Generation

Concept »

Procedural Generation refers to the creation of content algorithmically as the game is running. This content generally coexists with standard, authored content; the two are not mutually exclusive.

Too broad? Too narrow? Just plain incorrect? Let me know.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By ahoodedfigure

If anyone thinks the definition is too vague or broad I can change it.  It sounds neat to say, but when you realize that even a small portion of a game can have procedural content, such as the AI making sure that all the random limbs of an enemy are the proper size, that it can be a bit big.  Then again, I guess the inclusiveness or exclusiveness of a given concept doesn't seem to be a big deal on this site, so I'm not too worried either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.