Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 10, 2008

Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a point and click adventure puzzle game set in a charming village with enigmatic characters. Solve over 120 puzzles given to you by the villagers to help you solve the mystery of the 'Golden Apple'.

Most Annoying Puzzles

Avatar image for deactivated-63cabd6b28362
    deactivated-63cabd6b28362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I feel the need to rep the avatar and start a Layton thread. As the game (story, art, etc) is exceptional and I have nothing to complain about, I feel the need to discuss the puzzles that people found infuriating, annoying, repugnant, or any other negative adjective one care's to use.

Personally, the most annoying puzzle that I did (bearing in mind I only did ~100-110) was the one with the chocolate bars with the letters on them with the bites taken out. Yeah, that was STUPID. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Sigafoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sigafoos

Wow, when I saw the title I was going to say 'the damn chocolate bar one.' It was the only puzzle out of all of the story ones I had to look up.

shrekisstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shrekisstupid

YES, the chocolate bar one was way too confusing for me. After a while I was like, "Screw this" and I looked up the answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated anything that required excessive... maths.

dpaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By dpaul

god, yes, that chocolate bar one was hell on earth. i was also pretty irritated by the giant subtraction problem in the tower. there didn't seem to be any trick to it. just pure torture.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By epic_pets

Yea, tht made me pull my hair out
    i hated it

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DarkLegend

I returned the game because of the puzzle in here, I wanted to rip my hairs out.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cabd6b28362
    deactivated-63cabd6b28362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The problem with the chocolate bar puzzle is that the hint is about "text messaging". In my mind this seems to imply cell phones and once I got stuck on that it was far too hard to get it out of my mind. At least there's some proof that I'm not a complete idiot :D

Bettenfutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Bettenfutter

Yeah, I found the chocolate bar one infuriating as well.  I just couldn't stand the one where you had to work out which of the 4 bits of string would tie up into a knot when you pulled them.  After ages, i started to guess by trying different combinations of letters.  Still couldn't get it, i suppose i will remain unsolved forever!

Susan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Susan

I had trouble with the chess ones.  I think I misunderstood the instructions at first.  Was I being completely stupid?  

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dantebk

LOL  When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing that came to mind was:  "That damn chocolate bar one!"  

Eventually I figured it out just by staring at my keyboard and trying to figure out which letters were near the letters on the bar, and if any combination would yield recognizable human language, but it wasn't until after I solved it that the game explained the little "bite marks" clue to me.  Guess I got lucky.  
    OctopusGooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OctopusGooch

the tech girl valentine one I couldnt figure out by myself and the hints didn't help much

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#13  Edited By JackiJinx

The stupid camera. Sorry, no matter how many times I hear the explanation, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

That chocolate bar one threw me for a loop as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.