Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Kyouju VS Gyakuten Saiban) is a crossover game for the 3DS starring Capcom's Phoenix Wright and Level-5's Professor Layton.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright gets EU release in march

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

This game and Ace Attorney 5 was one of the bigger arguments to get a 3DS for me personally, so this is some good news. I am currently playing through Apollo Justice and look forward to the games I have ahead of me in the Ace Attorney series.

Now just announce a US release date so everyone's happy.

....and release Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in English somewhere.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

This'll likely be the last ace attorney dose we will get in the west for a very long time. Which is upsetting.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@forcen: There are fans of the series who have released an english patch for the first 2 cases of the japanese ROM. they expect to be done with the rest of the cases sometime in 2014 from what I can tell. I've played the translation. Ironically, it is just as good as anything Capcom has ever done with the AA series and actually has less typos. I highly recommend you check it out if you really wanna play AAI2.

Related to this topic: yeeeeeeeeeeeees! I cannot wait for this! An early EU release date has me hopeful for a late spring/early summer NA release date.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@afabs515: I have heard of that, I'll maybe take a look at that when I'm done with all the games that are out here now. Thanks. Maybe Capcom has released it on smartphones by then or something, one can dream.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aegon

@afabs515: How exactly does this work? I don't think I'll do it since I'm not even close to done with playing the Ace Attorney and Layton games, but what exactly is the process of making it work? I mean, you have to buy the Japanese version, right?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BisonHero

@aegon: I would guess there's just a ROM you download and play semi legally. Similar to how you don't actually have to own a Japanese Mother 3 cart to play the fan translation of Mother 3.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: I would guess there's just a ROM you download and play semi legally. Similar to how you don't actually have to own a Japanese Mother 3 cart to play the fan translation of Mother 3.

That's exactly it. Then you just download the patch and some program to patch the rom (they recommend programs on the site you get the patch from) and you're set. Or, if you don't feel like doing this, you can just watch it on YouTube.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I know how the uk feels for most other releases....give me a date dammit

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Codeacious

@darkstalker said:

Now I know how the uk feels for most other releases....give me a date dammit

Yep. I'd be all over this, get it in the US!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.