By AgentJ 13 Comments
Sorry guys, didn't get to Duke today, but got to nearly everything I promised yesterday, plus some treats. If you want to know more about any one game, just say so.
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Everything you've heard about the title is true. This game and its unlikely multi player mode is the real deal. It's a blast to play. Sneaking up on another player and succeeding in the assassination is exhilarating, and it requires legitimate skill both to kill your target and escape from your own pursuer. I'm conflicted; I don't want to buy at full price what feels like DLC, but Ubisoft really did a great job on this.
- Sonic 4. It's exactly what you would expect from a Sonic game. In HD. No extra gimmicks or sidekicks. Just Sonic, rings, and speed.
- Ghost Trick. Giantbomb did a quicklook of this puzzle game some time ago. Made by the developers of Phoenix Wright, this puzzler-adventure is a breath of fresh air. Also, it's awesome.
- Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Marvel Vs Capcom 3.
- Fallout: New Vegas. Not much has changed from 3, though it looks like you can now gain a reputation with a whole group based on your actions, which is a small but welcome touch. The third person camera also seems to work a tweek better, but all in all it's what we all played three years ago.
- Halo Reach. It's Halo, with some new weapons. You already know whether you'll buy this or not, and so do I.
- Okamiden. It's Okami all right, but on the DS lite I couldn't really tell how good it looked, and I don't really know if I liked the first enough to play a sequel. But if you loved Okami, your money is probably well invested in this title (though it probably fits better on the XL)
- Playstation Move. I only spent time on one game, that being that fight game that I can't remember the name of for the life of me. For the most part, it looked far better than expectations, though it was made very clear that I wasn't to move my legs around. Also, at one point I was unable to throw a punch with my left arm, despite trying over and over. I'll chalk that up to a fixable glitch or user error. This was obviously the most interesting Move game at the convention, however, and for me to lay down the (ample) cash for this one, it's going to require more software backup.
- Nothing all that awful today
- Microsoft Kinect
- Dead Space 2
- Super Scribblenauts
- Valkyria Chronicles 2
- Mortal Kombat
- Dead Space 2
- Epic Mickey
- Omegathon final
- and of course, Duke Nukem