Fighting game characters who are basically a dog
Scientific list of fighting game playable characters who are basically just A Dog.
What does NOT count:
- anthropomorphic dogs or werewolves or a human who are kinda like a dog (e.g. Bloody Roar, Parappa from PS All-Stars, Wolf, Fox & Isabelle from Smash, Poochy from Power Instinct),
- dogs who are just sidekick or assist/summon characters (e.g. Rush from MvC, Poppy from Samurai Shodown),
- characters who are only partially a dog (e.g. Nrvnqsr from Melty Blood),
- dogs riding mechs etc. (e.g. Leopaldon's dog from Guilty Gear),
- this should go without saying, but dogs who are not in a fighting game (e.g. Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Rising, Sif from Dark Souls, Caesar from Wargroove),
- other animals, especially non-canines like cats, cows, rodents, dinosaurs, cars: probably not a dog (e.g. Pikachu, Gon in Tekken, etc), and
- NO DOGFIGHTING. THAT'S NOT COOL.
On top of the basic premise of "just a dog", these also count:
- Wolves, foxes, can be considered "basically dogs",
- robot dogs, cyber dogs, magic dogs, cartoon dogs, fantastic dogs in general may be considered "basically a dog", if they look and behave like a dog. Even if they can throw a fireball as part of their moveset, as long as they are generally, basically a dog.
Special mentions for borderline cases go here:
- Valkenhayn, who can sometimes turn into basically a dog, but not all the time.
If anyone has any more suggestions, please leave a comment below!