Games I Have Played In 2018
Hey there folks, and welcome to my list of Games I Have Played In 2018. Now in its tenth year, the Games I Have Played list is a tradition that I've been upholding since 2009, maintaining a detailed log of every video game that I finish within a given calendar year.
For a game to be included on this list, I must beat it between January 1st and December 31st 2018. A game qualifies as 'beaten' once I've seen the credits roll on its single-player campaign. Games with no discernible end may still qualify for inclusion on this list if I deem that I've spent enough time with them during the year - a decision that I'll make on a case-by-case basis.
Every entry will feature a few statistics alongside it, including:
- Platform - The console on which I played the game (and the specific release, if it's worth noting)
- Date(s) Beaten - The date (or dates) on which completion markers were achieved within the calendar year.
- Hour Count - The amount of time I spent with the game. If no in-game clock exists, then I'll make a rough estimate.
- In a Nutshell - A one-sentence summary of my opinions on the game.
- Star Rating - An overall rating out of five stars denoting the game's quality, where one star is terrible and five stars is excellent.
The last couple of years have fluctuated wildly in terms of my gaming output. Two years ago, in 2016, I was only able to finish twelve video games, an all-time low for me. Last year I ended up at completely the other end of the spectrum, blasting through fifty individual games and setting a new personal best, trouncing the previous record of thirty-four games beaten in 2013. For 2018, I'd like to land somewhere in the middle with around thirty games beaten. Will I reach that target? I guess time will tell...