+ Kojima is back (and is unhinged)
+ Some of the most beautiful (and massive feeling) environments I've traversed in a game.
+ The right track kicks in at the right time while traversing
+ Peaceful and chill for the most part (great pallet cleanser)
+ A game where the environment is the main enemy.
+ Graphics are really top tier
+ Love most of the character models, great design
+ Acting and facial animations are on point. Great performances from damn near every main actor.
+ Helping other players and stumbling upon help from them (the whole social strand system is quite great)
+ Some great positive themes and messages (a game that has something meaningful to say and isn't afraid of it)
+ Things fall pretty neatly into place at the end.
+ Lots of great gadgets and rewards peppered over the course of the adventure, keeps things interesting.
+ Sound design is pretty great and love the use of licensed tracks.
+ Liked the fact that all the scenes they showed prior to the game's launch actually made it into the game.
- Game can feel very dumb at times despite also being quite genius (it's a Kojima game alright)
- Some of the writing is downright cringe. Seriously Kojima, hire some writers to help.
- A bit to convoluted at times
- Hard to recommend to others because of some of these dumb moments and the relatively slow start.
- Outside of BB's theme and the licensed tracks, I wished I loved the original soundtrack more. Feels a bit too...just ok
- The Menu's needed to be better.
- Combat stuff feels shoehorned in
- While spectacular, boss fights are very simple