+ People have been waiting for this game to happen for years and here it is. And It didn't suck.
+ Graphics are borderline CGI, most times.
+ The soundtrack is GOD tier.
+ Great looking character models
+ Some amazing looking backdrops and environments
+ Some of the best use of lighting in a game this gen.
+ Solid voice acting and performances across the board
+ Interesting take on a remake, makes me excited for the future of this series.
+ Game is lengthy and well made, stands on it's own despite being just one section of the first game.
+ Expanding the Midgar section was a great opportunity and I feel they delivered.
+ Some nice surprises along side classic moments from the original.
+ Probably the best incarnation of the modern non-tuned based combat system in the FF series.
+ Each character having their own playstyle and feel.
+ The whole end stretch is probably the highlight of the game.
- Not the full FF VII experience, just part 1 (I feel like they needed to specify that more)
- Plenty of low detail texture problems, the game can look real rough at times. Overall it is very inconsistent visually.
- Quite linear and confined. But makes sense given the section it's covering. Hope PART II is more open though.
- Might take quite a good couple of years to get the whole FF VII Remake people were promised. Hope you are patient.
- Some story bits, especially regarding the newly added elements, weren't executed as well as they could have been.
- Side quests aren't very great or exciting
- Not all chapters are great.