How about something incredibly simple for the slow cooker? This is seriously one of the easiest recipes I know. Can you open a few cans of vegetables? Can you shred chicken with two forks? Can you turn on a slow cooker? That's the skill set that is involved.
- Up to 4 lbs of of chicken breast/thighs (minimum 2 lbs.)
- 2 16 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can of corn
- 1 16 oz can of black beans (can be any kind, I personally like black beans with this recipe)
- Put the cans of diced tomatoes and the liquid that's in it into slow cooker.
- Drain corn, then put into slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then put into slow cooker.
- Put a decent amount of salt, pepper, and any other kinds of seasonings in there. Paprika, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, an onion, anything to you liking.
- Stir thoroughly
- Place chicken into slow cooker.
- Set to low for 8 hours or high for about 4 hours.
- With an hour to go for cook time, take chicken out, shred chicken, then put chicken back in (make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through first) and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
This meal is very versatile. You can do this for burritos, as a dip (if the chicken is shredded enough), tacos, over rice, or just by itself. This also keeps for a couple weeks too and is a hearty, healthy meal.