I also don't get the point of these posts and won't be surprise if it gets locked cause criticism but yeah, I agree the growing small unprofessional things are starting to get annoying. From the eating on set, example last mario party, Dan drinking and making noise with his bottle like in the VR thing, Dan rubbing his mic, Dan never waiting for Drew/Jason to turn off his mic before taking it off (..maybe it's just Dan). Them having to leave for bathroom breaks, look I get it sometimes it's too much but that is something I understand while for Dan everytime he on a video it seems like is forgetting he is making a video to entertain and inform us and is just trying to have fun which is infuriating.
But yeah, I too almost did not resub since I am nowhere near excited to watch GB content nowadays then I was even 2 years ago. Most streams are a chore to watch (I guess TNT kindof were too huh) and quick looks are usually too long, which also makes me feel like there is not enough content since I do not want to watch everything, which there is enough, just not enough of what I want aka Demo Derby/Rank Fights/Breaking Brad (atleast MGS is over). Thankfully all the podcasts are still fantastic and I spent tens of thousands of hours watching videos on this site, why stop now amiright
@csl316:Thanks for making this thread. Sucks that 90% of the responses are half ass answers like "no" but what can you do, thats a forum for you, but reading the other 10% that actually had some thought in it was nice.
And I generally agree. Quick looks for the bigger/AAA games that are longer works cause there is a lot to talk about and a lot of interest in said game. But when the smaller indie games are getting hour long quick looks, those are the ones that I feel could benefit being sub 30 minutes. The informative part of that quick look can get done in less then 20 minutes, so its that 40 minutes part I feel is purely for entertainment, and in the end a, by the books, indie game is not a lot of material the crew can make fun with. With austin coming aboard I feel like GBEast QLs are now pretty good at being entertaining enough throughout with the 3 people on, and GBWest are good at stopping at a good place in QLs I feel most of the time. This argument is base on the quality vs quantity side.
For the argument of "it would be nice to have shorter videos cause i have a full time job and a social life" I would say... tough luck I guess. Having shorter QL's as the answer to wanting shorter videos on the site is not a good one cause QL's should not be keep short just to be short (the length should be whenever it stops being informative and entertaining, which I feel QLs can go past). And for having shorter videos on the site period, since the CBS days, GB has pretty much stop with the short, edited videos (excluding GOTY stuff), which sucks. TANG was great and the E3 recap videos were great. I wish Gb could do mostly the streaming stuff which they do now, and a little of the edited stuff, especially now that they have 2 video producers in west, but sadly those days are over I guess.
In the end, yes some QLs, especially the 2 man indie game ones, probably can be shorter to make the quality higher. As someone who would rather have more quality then quantity in the content I consume I say yes to some QLs should be shorter. But the game and the crew who are in the QL will determine how entertaining the QL is more anyways so... does length really matters?
EDIT: I will say QLs have turn more into informative products then entertainment products... lot less recent QLs I want to rewatch for funzies. Thats probably has to do more with staff changes and staff moves and such though. No new Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can replacement QL is what im saying