Hey, hows it going? I'm Justin!
I mostly grew up here is the sunny Bay Area of California, but I have lived in a few other places in Southern California and Washington State as well. While video games have always been a very large part of my life, I was into all sorts of things when I was a kid. I went through many stages of collecting TMNT toys, Micro Machines, Star Wars Action Figures, and POGS, and I also had a pretty hopeless addiction to Pokemon Cards when they were all the rage.
Some of my earliest memories of video games come from playing classic computer games with my grandfather. I owe him completely for introducing me to the Commander Keen series as well as amazing memories of us playing through both Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and The Dig together. On the console side, my earliest memories include discovering my parents original Gameboy and NES systems. I spent many an hour playing Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, and Kirby's Adventure. I also spent a nice size of time playing on a Sega Game Gear which was a favorite system of mine growing up. I also had a Virtual Boy and I quite liked it at the time.
I eventually graduated to the 16 bit systems when they came out. My favorite Christmas memory is from when I was given a Sega Genesis and a copy of Disney's Aladdin. That game has stuck with me as one of my very cherished games of all time to this day. I got a Super Nintendo a couple years later and fell in love with Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and eventually another one of my all time favorites; Kirby Super Star.
I remember being blown away when I saw Super Mario 64 for the first time. It was not until about a year later that I got a N64 for myself but I would say it was very much worth the wait. Games like Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, Mystical Ninja, and my beloved Banjo-Kazooie series have remained some of my favorite games. When I got a Playstation, I was treated to classics like Ape Escape and Brave Fencer Musashi.
As the years went on, I kept up with the times acquiring just about every major console. This industry moves so fast now that it can be hard to keep up, I have a large backlog of PS2, XBOX, and GameCube games that I should probably totally play but the current generation games keep me plenty busy and it is hard to find time to go back. I guess having too many great games to play is a pretty ok problem to have when you think about it. I love this hobby and I don't plan on ever leaving it. Video Games are my passion then, now, and forever.
Random Facts about me:
- I love Soda, almost all kinds. My favorites are Dr. Pepper, Squirt, and crazy varieties of Mountain Dew.
- I had a 2-XL as a kid.
- My favorite fast food restaurant is In&Out followed by Wendy's.
- My favorite Candies are, Tropical Mike & Ike's, Sour Skittles , Dots, Haribo Happy Cola, Sour Patch Kids and Jujy Fruits
- No one else remembers these toys that I totally had when I was young.
- I amuse and occasionally freak out people out by sending them weird Youtube Videos.
- My Favorite book is Utopia by Lincoln Child who also happens to be my favorite Author.
- I constantly make, find, and seek out references to LOST in everyday life.
- My favorite actor is Jason Statham because eh kills the bad guys and doesn't afraid of anything.
- My old Computer thought it was 1994. My new one knows what decade it is :)
- I met Marcus Henderson at a Guitar Hero 2 Gamestop Tournament.
- I absolutely love retro first person shooters such as Doom, Quake, and Wolfienstein 3D.
Player One Podcast Community Halo 3 Game Night - Produced by Kirbutashi