My Favorite Video Games
Think of this list as my personal video game “Hall of Fame.” While there are certainly dozens, if not hundreds of games absent from this list that mean a great deal to me, its exclusivity showcases the ones that have had the biggest impact on me personally. The goal of this list is nothing more than to share the games that have played the biggest role in defining my particular gaming tastes, and express what it is that I love about video games the most. Hopefully anyone who reads this comes away with a good sense of just that, and finds it a fun read as well.
Also, check out my companion list to this, which covers my Favorite Video Game Soundtracks.
Finally, games are listed in chronological order of original US release date, not by preference.
Gaming Memories Blog
I'm writing a blog series for this list of my favorite games, titled "Gaming Memories." The goal is to write a more thoughtful entry for each game on this list, where I can devote more than a few sentences exploring its impact. I have included the links to each game's respective blog under the spoiler tag below. Expand it to find them!
Blog entries are listed here in the order they were written, not in any order of preference.
- Burnout Paradise - July 22, 2018
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - September 2, 2018
- Freedom Fighters - September 19, 2018
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - October 28, 2018
- Elite Beat Agents - December 7, 2018
- Final Fantasy VII - January 20, 2019
- Sid Meier's Civilization IV - March 7, 2019
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - April 18, 2019