List of Games Beaten in 2019
I forgot I already did the "bummed about 2019" schtick for the Shame List, so instead here's a thoughtful summary of what I anticipate will flood this Games Beaten list in the months to come:
Hella old games y'all.
Seriously, is anything coming out in 2019? Maybe some fantastic Indie nobody had ever heard of prior to it suddenly appearing on our collective radars. I might be into Psychonauts 2 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice as well, I guess. Oooh, and that last Shovel Knight campaign with King Knight! I think that's all.
Post-Year Statistics Time!
- Total Games Completed: 88
- 2019 Games Completed: 13 (not great, but then I rarely buy anything new)
- 2018 Games Completed: 10 (I'm surprised; I figured I played more year-old games than new ones)
- 2017 Games Completed: 20 (says a lot about how good 2017 was that I'm still working my way through its releases)
- 10+ Year Old Games Completed: 12 (thanks to the Bucketlog and May Maturity features)
- Games Started But Not Finished: 6 (I bailed on Thimbleweed Park, Deponia 2, Subnautica, Holy Potatoes! We're in Space?!, Songbringer, and - of course - Warframe)
- System Breakdown: PC/Steam (42), PS4 (27), Switch (8), 3DS (2), PS3 (1), X360 (1), Wii (1), N64 (1), GBA (1), PS1 (1), MD (1), GB (1), NES (1). (The Bucketlog took me down some uncommon roads)
- First Completed Game of Year: Life is Strange: Before the Storm (though Mass Effect: Andromeda was the first I played)
- Last Completed Game of Year: Clockwork Tales: Of Glass & Ink (though I actually left the year playing some Tokyo Mirage Sessions: #FE).