Valve just released an update to Team Fortress 2 containing the following.
- Fixed team switches on Attack/Defense maps spamming the console
- Fixed the Kritzkrieg not working on servers with crits turned off
- Fixed some clipped localized strings in various in-game dialogs
- Fixed several cases where files were synchronously loaded while the game was running
- Fixed a shutdown crash in the material system
- Cached rendering of item model panels to improve performance, in particular while weapon selection was visible
- Added a gear symbol behind the health bar for Engineer buildings, in both target IDs and freeze panels
- Players killing themselves will now give a kill credit to the last enemy who damaged them
- Fixed grenades, rockets, and flamethrower being able to fire through grates at round starts
- Fixed players being killed and creating ragdolls during team switches
- Fixed various exploits and performance problems in CP_Badlands, CP_Well, and CP_Fastlane
- Removed health bonus from the Backburner
I think its safe to say that I can return to playing the Pyro without being called overpowered, cheers Valve! Oh and if you didn't already know Valve listened to some ideas from the 1fort blog.
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
I personally think it's a great update and that Valve are doing a great job by listening to the community.