So much to be excited about this year!
- Six Invitational: This was great as always, but I'm not sure I'm really into the unlimited overtime. I love a good back-and-forth endurance match, but it felt like a massive slog as a viewer when there were at least two more maps to play after it. Still, it was definitely the most entertaining of the three to watch. Couldn't believe Empire blew as many clutch moments as they did. They could've won a lot of those rounds with just one more kill.
- Short Film: I thought this was pretty cool, and I'd love to see more. Siege has always been in a weird spot having characters who seem to have personalities but it's never expressed anywhere. It's almost uncanny in a way seeing the Operators talk and animate like humans. It's neat.
- Year 4 Roadmap: Looking forward to the new Operators obviously. I'm a big fan of them doing map reworks over new maps. The older maps were designed many years ago at this point and a number of them just don't play well anymore. I don't imagine anyone who has played on Kanal or Theme Park recently would be upset about this.
- Newcomer Playlist: An interesting addition. I'm not sure these types of playlists actually work that well considering how easy it is for veteran players on smurf accounts to use them as slaughterhouses. We'll have to see how it goes.
- Ranked Hub and Pick & Ban: Great news! The Ranked Hub looks great and I love the Pick & Ban system in the S.I. playlist they've been running. Cav gets banned in practically every round on PS4 which I'm way into.
- Reverse Friendly Fire: Oh thank god. Hopefully this solves the issue. I don't imagine this will affect innocent people much, because I almost never see someone get more than 1 accidental teamkill in a match. I think this will be a great change for the game.
Also worth bringing up the big Ash change that's coming, with the ACOG being removed from her R4-C. What's interesting is that I only ever use her G36C w/ ACOG, and it's really good! I think once players try using it they'll make the switch pretty easily.
Oh, and that Hibana Elite set is ace. Getting that day one.