So far this season I had to drop a few shows. The first one Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight which is borderline hentai with a terrible plot. It retells the story of the 100 years war but with Jeanne who goes "super saiyan" buy ingesting the "nectar" of the main protagonist. So far there have been multiple attempted rape scenes and some implied. Unlike Goblin Slayer which used it to justify the MC's reason for killing goblins, this show just does it for fanservice. The twist/reveal that the MC is also based on one of histories most rampant serial killers also turned me off as well.
The 2nd one is Conception which is based on the video game franchise. The concept seemed fun but the story and characters are just so boring. If the the latter show I described was too horny, this show is pretty much a tease. The whole plot revolves around the MC making babies with 12 maidens to create warriors to fight the demon lord. The romance/relationships are so bland and the payoff is just a joke about wanting to have sex but not actually doing it.
Because of this I started binge-ing Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try because Gundam Build Divers was so disappointing. It reaffirmed to me that the Build Fighters timeline is my favorite out of all the Gundam series.
I just want to give a shoutout to Gakuen Basara as it totally surprised me. The first episode didn't grab me as much since I never watched the Sengokou Basara which is it a spinoff of. But the wacky antics and colorful characters remind mind me of Gintama but in a high school and I am loving it.
Also Anima Yell is my moé pick of the season. It's cute and harmless with very little fanservice.
I have been using disposable Bic razors and hot water since I was a kid and haven't had an issue. Then again I can't even grow a beard if I tried. I would never used an electric razor for fear of it shredding my face.
The Sony event used to be the highlight of my E3 experience until they went astray the last couple of years. If they don't at least do an online pre-recorded show I will be super sad. I take the week off from work for E3 but its getting harder every year to justify it with so many companies pulling out.
Ever since the new site update my streaming is pretty much broke or much worse then before. I have to reload the page 3-4 times just to get the video to start. I used to be able to stream at HD but now I have to set it to Auto and it always defaults to the lowest bitrate. I am using Firefox/Chrome on a windows 10 PC and Chrome on an iPad. Its not as bad on the iPad but still worse than before.
@seikenfreak: I finally got one last night and whoever said a varmit rifle would work is dead wrong and wasted an hour of my time cause I tried it and it always knocked off one star on the pelt. I figured out the issue and it was because I wasn't pulling all the way back on the bow.
@ares42: I'm pretty sure small game arrow is what's needed for the squirrel. Even the IGN guide and youtube videos mention it. I really wish you could just buy the pelts at a vendor at some point as this is just frustrating.
I have a few questions that the game doesn't make clear if anyone knows the answer
1) Does it matter who you sell your perfect pelts to? I know the trapper get the Legendary pelts but in order for Pearson to be able to craft with the perfect pelts, do I have to specifically donate to the camp? Can I just sell them to any vendor that will take them? Also if I sell crafting mats to the fence will it still count toward crafting the talismans?
2) How the heck are you supposed to get a perfect squirrel pelt. I spent 4 hours hunting the little bastards and every time I found a 3 star it would only give me a poor pelt. You can barely see them in the grass so how are you supposed to target their vitals for a clean kill? I am using the small game arrow but the reticule is constantly moving even in deadeye.
3) Why does the game keep unequipping my weapons when I get off my horse? Also why does the quick equip keep defaulting to the pistol when I just used the rifle a few seconds ago?
4) I accidentally murdered the entire logging camp because for some reason I was "trespassing" after I saved a dude from an accident. I didn't want to reload my save because I had a legendary pelt on me and I hadn't saved recently but the entire camp aggro'ed me and I was surrounded. Is that questline over?
5) How do you pull up your event log? The game will give you clues when I stumble across something to do later and the only way I can see the entire list is if I hold down options when it pops up, but I am usually in the middle of something when it pops up so I can't pull it up. I looked in all the menus and can't seem to find it.
6) Is there a way to re-enable Deadeye auto targeting? I don't like having to push R1 to paint targets because I keep pushing R2 instead.
I finally got around to watching Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection the movie and it recreates everything I loved about the series before it went off the rails in Magical Girl Lyrical StrikerS. While I loved Vivid and Vivid Strike as well, it replaced nearly the entire cast. This movie takes place well before Strikers so all my old favorite characters are back. I was so delighted to see and hear Vita (I assumed Asami Sanada had retired) again after a long absence. Signum, Arf, Yuuno, Zafira, Lindy and Chrono also play a major role again.
Although I enjoyed the movie very much, the story is very trope laden for the genre as I could tell the plot twist very early in. The name "Reflection" in the title has a hidden meaning that pays off in the final fight. I went in not knowing this was a two part movie and it abruptly ends on a very climatic cliffhanger which makes me wonder how they are going to fill out the rest of the 2nd movie.
To those wondering, the Fanservice/Yuri is very minimal in this compared to the TV series. The main villian has a risque transformation scene but that's about it. They seem to have toned it down to appeal to younger/wider audience which turned out for the better. The sequel movie is already out in Japan but so far no localized version is available.