Best of 2013
Relevant platforms I have access to:
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Nintendo 3DS
- Sony PlayStation 3
- Sony PlayStation Vita
Games likely to be added once I've played through them (unless they aren't released this year or they just suck):
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Notable add-ons of 2013 I've played this year:
- BioShock Infinite's "Burial at Sea - Episode 1"
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's "Dragonborn" (PC version)
- Fire Emblem: Awakening's "Future Past"
- Mass Effect 3's "The Citadel"
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies' "Special Episode"
- Sid Meier's Civilization V's "Brave New World"
Cut (in order of arbitrary enjoyment, but Ni no Kuni is definitely the worst 2013 game I've played this year):
- Divekick - 4/5
- The Last of Us - 4/5
- The Room Two - 4/5
- BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 4/5
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 4/5
- Dust: An Elysian Tail (PC version) - 4/5
- Ibb & Obb - in progress/5
- Dead Space 3 - 3/5
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 3/5
"Notable" "missing" games:
- PS4 or Xbox One launch title - I don't have either platform to play them with.
- Tearaway - Not a fan of Media Molecule's games.
- Gone Home - Despite being "spoiled," I don't care enough to "play" this game. I somewhat appreciate what it's doing for the medium, like The Last of Us, in any case.
- The Stanley Parable - Just no interest.
- Super Mario 3D World - "It's another Mario game."
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Indie darlings have a strong chance to disappoint me in regard to their gameplay (examples include Limbo and Braid; Bastion and Super Meat Boy, however, were great because they were so fun to play), so sorry, Brad. Unfair? Very much.
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - I'm done with "Assassin's Creed," at least for a while.
- Saints Row IV - The Third was enough Saints Row to last a lifetime.
- Beyond: Two Souls - I'd rather watch someone else play through it, and even then I'd want it to be one hell of a reckless playthrough.
- Rayman Legends - It's tough for me these days to be excited for any primarily platforming-focused game.
- Dota 2 - Even though it demands a different mindset, the camera view and "clicky" nature of these games remind me of how boring Diablo-esque games are to me. Couldn't even get through the tutorial.