I'll enter this one. Thanks for the chance!
shiro2809's forum posts
Using smartcast/chromecast on my tv I've been running into a few issues for awhile, a few more since the redesign.
- What kind of issue are you running into?:
When starting it, it is video player dependent so if it's at full volume it'll put my tv volume to 100%, and I have to pause the video before starting the cast too or it'll keep playing in the browser. The new problems with the redesign is that I can't just go to another video and hit play, even if it's in the same series, it just won't load/do anything. To fix it I need to stop casting and then refresh the page and then start casting again for it to actually work.
- Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?):
Been happening for awhile but using Google Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98, 64 bit. Can't cast via Microsoft Edge/IE and don't have any other browsers. My tv is a Vizio model E55-E2.
- Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?:
Still happens in incognito with no extensions. Every other site works perfectly fine, and streaming GB from the Video Bomb app on Android works perfectly fine too, it's just the actual browser website.
If any other info is needed I can hopefully supply it too. It's pretty annoying to deal with :(
Not sure if it was mentioned, but I wouldn't mind an option for smaller icons. Mainly under the 'Shows' option, being able to make those smaller to fit more on the screen would be perfect. At the very least not have the top two be twice as large as all the other ones?
Is there a difference between "Show" and "Archived Shows" too? I'm assuming "Archived Shows" is for ended/retired series but it has some series that are still going like "Six Crazy Frights", while "Shows" has some finished ones, like "Who's the Big Boss".
For the homepage, having actual thumbnails for the Bombcast and the sort at the top would work much better than just a screen grab from the stream. Currently the spreadsheet just looks bad and takes up the whole screen when you first go there.
Last thing, being able to cast a video to a tv or whatever right away without having to start the video first would be amazing, along with it automatically going to the device that's being casted to's volume. It's an issue with the current one too where I've accidentally cast a video that I didn't adjust the volume beforehand and had my tv jump to max volume before. Along with the audio for some reason not stopping if you don't pause the video before you start casting.
EDIT: Super last thing that I forgot to add, having an 'All' option instead of being forced to choose by year would be fantastic too. Things like the Mario Party Parties would benefit from that.
I'd love for them to do Shenmue 2! And the other Yakuza games.... I feel like it's a pipe dream at this point though.
- The Assassin's Creed games are all good, with the weakest ones being Unity (large part due to the story being a bit weird in places), and Origins (story seemed a tad rushed at times and the gameplay changes are for the worse, imo). Edward is a better protagonist than Ezio.
- Most Nintendo games are good, but not great.
- The Vita is the best handheld and has plenty of great games
- Persona 4 Golden isn't great, maybe not even good. It's alright, the added story stuff at the end with Marie just killed it.
- The WiiU was a good console, and devs not doing cool/unique things with the gamepad (along w/ the touchpad on the DS4, and some Vita functions) is a huge shame.
- AC/DC is 'ok'
- Every Sonic game is bad, with the first few having some merit to it.
- FF13 is one of the best Final Fantasy games, 13-2 isn't as good while fixing a couple of gameplay things (paradigm shifts not locking you into an animation the first time each battle and Party Leader dying isn't a game over)
- Mass Effect 2 is bad
- All Bethesda developed games, TES and Fallout, are mediocre at best, Obsidian at least has good writers
- The MGS story is real good and actually makes sense, there's actually not much retconning
- Revolver/Liquid Ocelot is NOT an actual good guy (this is mainly for Dan), MGS4 ended with Ocelot's plan failing as they kept a small portion of the Patriot AI alive
- NieR > Automata (pretty/remastered NieR plz?)
- RE6 is actually pretty good
- Pokemon is just..boring now
- Collectathon games (Spyro, Banjo, etc..) are mostly all garbage, with very very few exceptions.
- SR2 > SR4 > SR3.
- HotS is the only good MobA
- WoW is bad
- American comics, in general, are all terrible and everything that happens in them doesn't matter at all for their stories
- Arkham City is the weakest of those games, Asylum was the strongest, and Origins had the best boss fights
- TellTale games from TWD S1 and on are all bad
- Until Dawn wasn't that good
- David Cage games (not including Omikron and Indigo Prophecy) are superior to TellTale games and Until Dawn
- GTA IV had great driving physics
- Fortnite plays terribly and is bad
- Bioshock Infinite's only good point was the gameplay, the story was a mess
- Destiny 1 is still as bad as the day it launched, The Taken King 'fixed' nothing, anybody that keeps buying anything from that series deserves what they get
- Smash Bros is a party game, not a fighting game
- Bioware in general is kinda not great, they're ok
- 'Competitive' modes in games are bad, and they actively make games unfun. The introduction of Comp in Overwatch partially killed my enjoyment of it
- Dragon Ball is the good part of the franchise, DBZ starts decent then just goes downhill at a rapid pace. Vegeta is one of the best characters in the series as he's the only one with actual character development, and Goku is the worst thing to happen to Shonen series in general.
- Jojo is one of, if not the, best Shonen series out there, every fight is fun and varied and it's never about just who's stronger and (for the most part) no character gets sidelined into uselessness.
This is all I can think of right now, so yea I just wanted to join in!
The big one for me, imo, is Mass Effect 2. I think it's one of the worst games of last gen, and ME3 is better than it. The only thing it has going for it is the character interactions for the most part, a lot of those are just bad as well (especially the human characters. They're terrible). While the gunplay got better, I feel the gameplay as a whole was a massive downgrade to the flexibility in ME1, and they also ruined Adepts basically iirc, which was my preferred/favorite class.
EDIT: Any Bethesda developed game too. They're all messes, I find it kinda gross how they can keep getting away with their bullshit.
Definitely the Vita, easily the best handheld (not counting the Switch, maybe). Even now, the games it does have are great and worth the system.. WiiU is second, definitely needed more support, the gamepad could've been used in really cool ways.
Bought some in Overwatch during the first Halloween event. I regretted it near instantly.
@efesell: Eh, just because they're on the boxart doesn't mean they're playable. All the marketing for the game was solely 2B centric, I didn't know you played as anyone else until I actually played as them.
But like... context.
You start with 2 of the three and then meet what is clearly another main character early on.
Main character doesn't mean playable character. For 9S, he was there from the start. Figured he would be like that the whole time. A2 I figured she'd join up sometime too. Never thought they'd be playable. NieR Gestalt had Kaine and Emil on the cover, at no point are they playable yet are still main characters. They also all join up later.