So I just finished Episode 1, so I figured it would be good to start a thread for discussion. I actually really enjoyed the episode, more than almost the entirety of Season 2. I find Telltale is really good at making small stories, involving crazy people, and making crazy people seem evil, even if they're simply looking out for their own interests. The dialouge is sharp, the combat moves relatively well, even if it's pretty effortless, the choices aren't always easy to make or obvious. I found the characters to be an interesting and diverse mix, especially when you compare it to Season 2's cast, most of whom I found to be either generic, or not fully realized.
In the end I really enjoyed the first episode and what it sets up for the next two.
A few random things I noticed:
- The normal telltale technical issues are there, from frame-rate drops, to lock ups, to audio sync issues. I'm playing on the Xbox One.
- There are a full 1000 gamerscore, all of which are story based. (Episode 1 has 330/1000)
- The presentation style is greatly improved, I especially liked the cinematic intro, and the combat animations look significantly improved.
- The game becomes letter-boxed for each combat sequence, and goes fullscreen when it is over.
- There was one combat sequence which featured a three button prompt QTE, which I've never seen in a telltale game.