Well, I can only speak to FFXIII on that list. You should absolutely cut bait and stop playing. Saying "it gets better" is only true in the broadest sense of the term. It's like saying the COVID numbers where I am are "getting better." Objectively that's true, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a fucking disaster. I can save you some time by summing up what happens:
- Lightning continues to be a jerk to everyone for absolutely no reason.
- Hope continues to be a whiny little bitch.
- Vanille continues to be obnoxious to listen to.
- The game continues to be a linear slog, even after it technically "opens up."
- You fight a guy who is actually a god who is actually a machine that represents an existential concept.
- Said machine-god-concept-guy is defeated through The Power of Friendship.
- Incomprehensible Final Fantasy CG happens.
- Everyone claims to have learned an undefined lesson about undefined things.
- The End.
FFs VII, VIII, IX, and XII are currently on GamePass. All of those are better games than XIII if you're looking to get a Final Fantasy fix.