gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear motorsport fans

It's time to say farewell to these two driving games as they're about to leave their digital stores (Steam, PlayStation Network Store & Xbox Live Marketplace/Games Store), due to licensing expiration on the contents, for those who haven't played them before, it's up to you to buy them.

The following dates on when they're about to go delisted:

• Original Project Cars: October 3rd, 2022
    • Project Cars 2: September 21st, 2022

For more details, please see Traxion's article about it:
    Both Project CARS and Project CARS 2 to be delisted from sale | Traxion

Update:
    There is an alternative to these two games called Automobilista 2 by Reiza Studios, which shares the same engine but it's a PC-exclusive game and they have no plans to port it to consoles for some reason, for me, I still personally prefer Automobilista 2 more than the first two Project Cars games because of the driving model/handling feels more accurate to the real world.

Automobilista 2 on Steam (steampowered.com)

However, Project Cars 1 & 2 are both good for controller pad and racing wheel while Automobilista 2 is more recommended to use racing wheels that support force feedback such as Thrustmaster T248, Fanatec CSL DD, etc.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Thanks for the notice!

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. It's a bummer racing games tend to delist so quickly due to all the vehicle and music licenses. I missed out on GRID Autosport because I didn't get the memo when that was taken down.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judaspete: Well, that's unfortunate that you missed out GRID Autosport on PC, but the Nintendo Switch version (Ported by Feral Interactive) is still available on the eShop for some reason.

I guess Codemasters manipulates players to buy GRID 2019 instead.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judaspete: There are also key resellers that still seem to have copies. Those aren't always the most savory sites but some are more legitimate than others.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: I am thinking about getting the Switch version.

@bigsocrates: I've browsed through some key sites, but never actually purchased anything. Which ones would you say are more legit?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By FacelessVixen

@judaspete said:

@bigsocrates: I've browsed through some key sites, but never actually purchased anything. Which ones would you say are more legit?

CDKeys. I've been using that site since December 2015 and bought 57 games/DLC from them. Full transparency, though: I did get a bad key for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, but an e-mail to customer support with a screenshot showing them that the key was used got me a new and working key after a day or two, so I'd say they're pretty trustworthy.

Make that 58. They still have some keys for the Steam version of GTA Vice City for $7.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judaspete: I hope you will enjoy GRID Autosport Switch version and I've heard is an excellent port so far.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. It's a bummer racing games tend to delist so quickly due to all the vehicle and music licenses. I missed out on GRID Autosport because I didn't get the memo when that was taken down.

yeah, this is the case with most of them, with the licenses being technically relatively fast to expire. 😅

@judaspete said:

CDKeys. I've been using that site since December 2015 and bought 57 games/DLC from them. Full transparency, though: I did get a bad key for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, but an e-mail to customer support with a screenshot showing them that the key was used got me a new and working key after a day or two, so I'd say they're pretty trustworthy.

Make that 58. They still have some keys for the Steam version of GTA Vice City for $7.

that's interesting, I may have to check that out, and browse through their inventory. 👍

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.