Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project Gotham Racing 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 02, 2007

Project Gotham Racing 4 builds on the foundation of PGR3, adding weather effects and new multiplayer modes, as well as the ability to ride motorcycles in the game.

I miss PGR

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By crunchUK

Yes. That funderful little game involving cars and the driving of said cars in a maximumly awesom fashion. I made the mistake of lending it to my dad, because i had completed it through and through and believed i could squeeze little or no more enjoyment out of it. Boy i was wrong. So here i am, sitting here pining for Project Gotham racing, and telling the internet about it. Oh well, instead of moaning about it and writing 23.000 paragraphs on it... Let's have a memorial photo album!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

pgr4 - DBS and clever lighting

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ooh. Aaah. Aren;t they pretty?
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By crunchUK

Yes. That funderful little game involving cars and the driving of said cars in a maximumly awesom fashion. I made the mistake of lending it to my dad, because i had completed it through and through and believed i could squeeze little or no more enjoyment out of it. Boy i was wrong. So here i am, sitting here pining for Project Gotham racing, and telling the internet about it. Oh well, instead of moaning about it and writing 23.000 paragraphs on it... Let's have a memorial photo album!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ooh. Aaah. Aren;t they pretty?
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MachoFantastico

Same here mate, so sad they ditched the franchise for Forza Motorsport of which I have never been much of a fan of. Seem to be the only one though as everyone else can't get enough Forza.

There new game does look rather interesting though and maybe a short break might do them good. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crunchUK

Whoops, forgot to put this in the pgr forum. Anyway yeah, i think they basically stopped doing PGR because the series was best at pgr2, and hadn't really been improving since then. And neither has it tried to appeal to more people. That, and someone decided it would be a great idea to release pgr 4 just after halo 3.

And i personally think their new game sounds and looks garbage.

Also, i am a huge fan of forza ;)

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By agentboolen

I like the game, but I suck at it.  But I will say I enjoy it more then Forza just because its easier not to get left behind when your flying to fast around corners, its nice to be able to ride the rails.  Also I really digged the inside the cockpit view in this game, something I really expected Forza 2 would have had and just left it out.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK
    @agentboolen said:
    " I like the game, but I suck at it.  But I will say I enjoy it more then Forza just because its easier not to get left behind when your flying to fast around corners, its nice to be able to ride the rails.  Also I really digged the inside the cockpit view in this game, something I really expected Forza 2 would have had and just left it out. "
    Yes, that;s one of the things i liked most about it. The cars have a lot of "feel" to them - They have their own personality, and they feel like a car should. Unlike NFS which is just awful. but at the same time make it arcadey enough so that it's more... spectacular than real life. Also, it just feels so very fast.
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Tylea002

I have that game. If you lived anywhere near me, I'd give it to you. I don't have enough time to play it. *sigh* Stupid time restraints.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By Atlas

I never really got into PGR4. I was always just trying to win the races and not getting enough kudos. All those events where you have to drift to win did my head in. I'm much more of a Forza guy. But I totally see why people love the series.

Blur looks a lot like PGR in some ways. But as has been said repeatedly, Forza 3 is the definitive racing game of this generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know if the series ever recovered from the Forza bug. PGR's best installment, PGR2, was the king of Xbox Live in the pre-Halo, pre-Rainbow Six, pre-Forza days. And the customization options available in the Forza games, not to mention the advent of the online car trading house, makes it--on paper, at least--the clear superior.

But I agree. Project Gotham Racing 2 is my favorite racing game of all time. And I much prefer the blend of arcade and simulation racing over the strictly sim realm of Forza.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By agentboolen
    @crunchUK said:
    " @agentboolen said:
    " I like the game, but I suck at it.  But I will say I enjoy it more then Forza just because its easier not to get left behind when your flying to fast around corners, its nice to be able to ride the rails.  Also I really digged the inside the cockpit view in this game, something I really expected Forza 2 would have had and just left it out. "
    Yes, that;s one of the things i liked most about it. The cars have a lot of "feel" to them - They have their own personality, and they feel like a car should. Unlike NFS which is just awful. but at the same time make it arcadey enough so that it's more... spectacular than real life. Also, it just feels so very fast. "
    Don't even get me started on the Need for Speed craptastic never ending series.  That series is everything that is wrong with EA.  If EA would not treat game series like that they would be a much better company.  And for me I only liked NFS Underground, & Most wanted, everything else after those I hated hard.
    T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By T0mF5

I wish that people actually played this online beceuse I could never find a match.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kmdrkul
    @T0mF5 said:
    " I wish that people actually played this online beceuse I could never find a match. "
    Yeah, it's a shame.  The team races were massive fun.  Also, I have yet to see so much hate towards the French coming from English players after playing this games online :P
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

I think I only ever played the first and second game, and it was fun but if I'm going to play a racing game might as well go all the way and play a simulator.

iTWAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iTWAN

I used to love this game!!! I spend many a night perfecting my driving. And Kudos were soooo addicting!

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nail1080

@T0mF5 said:

I wish that people actually played this online beceuse I could never find a match.

THIS!!

But unfortunately COD has stolen xbox live and brainwashed all the kiddies into thinking everything else is boring.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Justin258

PGR 4 is sitting on my shelf, and I haven't played it much. Yeah, I think I'll hop into it and play it some in a little while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.