Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project Spark

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

A free-to-play content creation sandbox game where players can generate their own miniature games, for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

First Look

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Honestly, the only exclusive to the One that I could possibly sway me to the dark side. This seems like something that simply won't ever come to the PS4, though possibly it will come to Windows at some point.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

BOOOOM

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

a MOBA construction set?

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creation tools look awesome but actual game play seems shallow. I'd check it out on PC, probably easier to create on that.

Cueil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

games build on this can play on all three of MS platforms... and it's Win8 only for PC

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#6  Edited By isomeri

It does seem like a neat idea but for some reason it just didn't grab my interest in the same way as Little Big Planet for instance. But since it's going to be free at launch I'll definitely check it out.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To me this just reeks of an amazing game with a jaw-dropping amount of possibilities that really just won't be that fun in the end. The things that you can create are games that we already have better examples of. It'll be really fun making stuff, but why would I want to play a project spark tower defense, fps, platformer, when I could just play better versions elsewhere?

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

why would I want to play a project spark tower defense, fps, platformer, when I could just play better versions elsewhere?

If it's anything like LittleBigPlanet, it's not necessarily about the quality of the creation, but the use of the limited toolset to produce stuff previously thought impossible.

@isomeri said:

It does seem like a neat idea but for some reason it just didn't grab my interest in the same way as Little Big Planet for instance. But since it's going to be free at launch I'll definitely check it out.

Yeah, it's nowhere near as charming as LBP.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evo said:

@joshwent said:

If it's anything like LittleBigPlanet, it's not necessarily about the quality of the creation, but the use of the limited toolset to produce stuff previously thought impossible.

But what does that mean? If there are any games people made in LBP that we're never previously thought possible, I've never seen them. It does seem like spark gets a little deeper into the programming side of things, but just not deep enough to do that.

The other problem is assets being limited because it's a console thing. To really draw players in, the art and design is just as important as the gameplay, so I'm just fundamentally uninterested in potentially cool ideas that all look the same.

Especially now when it's pretty easy to make games on ones own. Hell, I don't know much about programming, but I'm actually developing a game myself thanks to Stencyl, a tool that creates Flash code visually. When we have accessible programs like that, UDK, Unity, and tons of other things, game making games just feel like baby's first programming with very limited results.

(man, that sounded way harsher than I meant it to. I'm really sick right now. Sorry!) ;)

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

FINALLY another platform on which DotA can be released! Let's call it "Heroes of Newerth 2: Dota Champions"

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@budwyzer: It is also available in Windows I believe.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cueil said:

games build on this can play on all three of MS platforms... and it's Win8 only for PC

@gaspower said:

@budwyzer: It is also available in Windows I believe.

Awesome, no need for me to drop the cash for an xbone then! =D

furiousjodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Really want to see more from this game - I think it could be pretty awesome.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Had no Idea this would be free, I also thought it was going to be XBOX exclusive, will definitely give this a look.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.