Is anyone excited for Project Spark?

Avatar image for killerishere828
#1 Edited by killerishere828 (30 posts) -

Is anyone as excited for Project Spark as I am? I don't seem many people talk about it. I can not wait to play/create it. The endless possibilities with the game have had me very interested since the reveal.

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4496 posts) -

Yes. I mean I'll play with it, and see what's up. But I'm hoping it gets more creativity power than LittleBigPlanet. But I dunno, it looks at least fun to play.

#3 Posted by GERALTITUDE (5988 posts) -

The concept is cool but I'm not into how it looks and, I dunno, something about it. It's interesting to me that all these creation games are aimed at young people.

#4 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2646 posts) -

Excited and Xbox are two words I've never put together in a sentence or a thought.

#5 Posted by DeadpanCakes (1138 posts) -

I will certainly look up videos on it.

#6 Posted by jasbir (108 posts) -

I need to see more of the game.

#7 Posted by HiroKedyn (33 posts) -

I am. I'm looking forward to creating random worlds and seeing what everyone else creates.

#8 Edited by Hosstile17 (844 posts) -

I will goof around with other people's creations like I do with Little Big Planet. But, I am not really interested to build my own worlds or anything.

#9 Posted by BRich (536 posts) -

Excited and Xbox are two words I've never put together in a sentence or a thought.

Trolling the Xbox forums sure seems to get you excited.

#10 Edited by HiroKedyn (33 posts) -

@brich: He also doesn't realize that he just used those 2 words in a sentence, therefore negating his use of the word never. Personally, I just ignore everything he, and trolls like him, say. Arguing with trolls is always more trouble than it is worth and just leads to giving yourself a headache.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
#11 Posted by Nashvilleskyline (353 posts) -

yeah, I'm interested in the title. But I don't have enough time to really get into these kinds of games. If there's a "free to play" version or mode, I'll try it for sure. Not liking the art style though

#12 Posted by HiroKedyn (33 posts) -

@nashvilleskyline: It is free to play, no special version or mode for it, and it doesn't require a gold account to play either. From what I have read, the only thing you will spend money on, if you want, is whatever DLC they come out with.

#13 Posted by JCole360 (35 posts) -

I'm excited for the potential that it seems to have! for me the creation process seems like it might be a bit much for my taste but i look forward to seeing what the community does with it and playing all of their creations, and who knows it might inspire me to make something myself.

#14 Posted by jasbir (108 posts) -

im more excited about fable legends.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
#15 Edited by Nashvilleskyline (353 posts) -
#16 Posted by Jaalmo (1744 posts) -

Excited? No. Interested? Sure.

#17 Posted by Superkenon (1702 posts) -

Interested to see what it becomes, anyway.

#18 Posted by HiroKedyn (33 posts) -
Avatar image for killerishere828
#19 Posted by killerishere828 (30 posts) -

They have extensive videos demoing the game. The one I watched was over an hour long. And they also show what people have already created.

#20 Edited by JCGamer (770 posts) -

I don't enjoy "make your own fun" games all that much. If the game doesn't have a fun campaign, I am usually not interested.

#21 Posted by JCole360 (35 posts) -

@killerishere828: I'm in the beta and one thing i can say is it's REALLY impressive! for me tho and what i suspect the majority of people it's a bit to complex. The game allows you to pretty much make a game with a bunch of "if than" "then this" statements attached to objects and characters. What i see happening is a small amount of people will create a bunch of awesome stuff for the majority to play.

#22 Edited by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

I am in the beta but my PC can't run it very good so I'll just wait 'til I have a Xbox One.

#23 Edited by Vextroid (1569 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

I am in the beta but my PC can't run it very good so I'll just wait 'til I have a Xbox One.

Wait there is a PC beta? Maybe you can answer my question about the PC version. Is it a straight PC version of the game: like feature rich (I know its a Beta and that's a hard question to answer) or some dumb Windows 8 companion app?

I have been a little weary on the PC version because every time they mention it they all ways call it the Windows 8 version rather than PC, which makes it sound like some dumb app on the app store.

#24 Posted by Aerobie (133 posts) -

@vextroid:

From what I've heard, it's the same full game. They call it the Windows 8 version, because it requires Windows 8, sadly.

#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14734 posts) -

I'm not hugely excited about it, but it showed well at E3 and I think there's some really cool stuff in there. It seemed like it was taking some of the easy-development principles that you see in something like GameMaker and putting that stuff in a more accessible form in an Xbox game. Everything's seemed to be quiet on it since that initial E3 showing however, and I really would like to see more of it before I make a judgement because while there are obviously a lot of fun features in there I also think there's the potential for something like Project Spark to come out pretty lacklustre.

Moderator Online
#26 Edited by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

@vextroid said:

@xyzygy said:

Wait there is a PC beta? Maybe you can answer my question about the PC version. Is it a straight PC version of the game: like feature rich (I know its a Beta and that's a hard question to answer) or some dumb Windows 8 companion app?

I have been a little weary on the PC version because every time they mention it they all ways call it the Windows 8 version rather than PC, which makes it sound like some dumb app on the app store.

It's not an app, it's a game. The Windows Store has games too you know. It's just a game they host on the store same as any other game in a digital distribution service. It's a straight PC version but when I played it they were obviously still working on a lot of features and a lot of things weren't available/still being added in/created. But, what I managed to see through the terrible resolution I needed to actually play the game smoothly, it's neat. (Not a fault of the game's; my computer isn't exactly built for extremely lush dynamically generated adventure games)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.