Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project Warlock

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 06, 2018

Project Warlock is an old-school shooter heavily inspired by Doom, Hexen, and the Build Engine. It features a large variety of weapons, magic spells, and character development options, and launched as a GOG.com exclusive.

And it's been published!

Furry23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been published on GOG, so you can check it. I've played and I love it <3

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I've played a couple of hours of it, and it's... fine? Like, aside from the variety of weapons and some of the spells, it's a pretty stock, competently made, retro shooter. That's not a bad thing, but the levels are more Wolf 3D than they are Doom, and I've found the difficulty outside of bosses to be sort of a breeze. And, as someone who has played a lot of Doom recently, it doesn't really measure up.

More importantly, between the game's art style, some performance issues, and the wonky lighting, it has the unique distinction of being one of the few video games to actually give me headaches. It sounds like some of that is going to be fixed in a patch, but man is it unpleasant in regards to eye strain.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I feel the need to cut it slack given the dev story behind it, and it really is fun in short bursts, but it's very much a novelty game.

Still, I love that it exists. I'll always stand behind a heartfelt attempt to make a modern 90s shooter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.