Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project Zomboid

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 20, 2011

Isometric zombie survival, where death is inevitable and all you can hope for is to have a bullet left for your own head.

Free Public Demo Released

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gizmo

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/2011/06/free-public-demo-released/ 

Can't recommend this game enough, it looks to be another huge indie success story. It looks similar X-Com with a strong open-world survival emphasis. Game features are being added almost daily to pre-orderers. Great music, great art style and a whole lot of potential. I predict that once this game gets its promised multi player update, it will explode in popularity. It's still a blast to play in single player, though.

No Caption Provided
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Try this game, its a 30 second download and is a ton of fun!

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By emergency

@Mikemcn said:

Try this game, its a 30 second download and is a ton of fun!

Agree quite an interesting game. Not sure on the combat atm, but apart from that it's fab.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Evilsbane

Wow strong first impression, rather dark and actually tense, the first time I looked out the window and started to "Panic" the sound made me jump.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By project343

Loving it so far. Just can't figure out how to eat. Haha.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikemcn

@project343 said:

Loving it so far. Just can't figure out how to eat. Haha.

Click on food, select it and then click on the heart icon.

@Evilsbane said:

Wow strong first impression, rather dark and actually tense, the first time I looked out the window and started to "Panic" the sound made me jump.

Murdering your wife with a pillow to skip the tutorial makes things pretty dark.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By jorbear

Just finished downloading it. Will give it a go later tonight, it looks very intriguing, though.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I'd "pre-order" this if the melee wasn't broken.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MancombSeepgood

I gave the demo a whirl and it was fun but pretty difficult. The first time the psycho showed up I just got my head blown off, and I didn't realise I could "skip" the tutorial so I didn't bother going back in yet. Might give it another shot later, I can see the potential it has.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaFt

Oh man, i forgot to turn the oven off so it catched on fire and the fire alarm went off. So i turned the oven off and ran into the other room and BAM! A whole bunch of zombies cornered and killed me in an instant. 

I jumped pretty high.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake

Just so people know, death is inevitable in the game. The fun comes from seeing how long you can survive and your watching you eventual death unfold. The Alpha demo is pretty sparse right now given the extreme amount of bad luck the developers have been getting recently. Other then that, I highly recommend that you try it. There's quite nothing else like it.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SaFt

This is a really cool game with lots of potential, i might buy it. 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mikemcn

@ashriels said:

Wait a second, aren't all demos free and public?

Well there was a preorder only Alpha "demo" originally.

@SaFt said:

Oh man, i forgot to turn the oven off so it catched on fire and the fire alarm went off. So i turned the oven off and ran into the other room and BAM! A whole bunch of zombies cornered and killed me in an instant. I jumped pretty high.

Zombies are attracted by loud noises, ive never been able to successfully light the first safehouse on fire, any tips?

Edit: just did it, i guess the tutorial oven is the only stove that works one, cool though.

@eroticfishcake said:

Just so people know, death is inevitable in the game. The fun comes from seeing how long you can survive and your watching you eventual death unfold. The Alpha demo is pretty sparse right now given the extreme amount of bad luck the developers have been getting recently. Other then that, I highly recommend that you try it. There's quite nothing else like it.

I like how easy it is to get infected, if your not careful you really can get screwed over.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SaFt said:
    Oh man, i forgot to turn the oven off so it catched on fire and the fire alarm went off. So i turned the oven off and ran into the other room and BAM! A whole bunch of zombies cornered and killed me in an instant.  I jumped pretty high.
    It wouldn't let me turn the oven off...  I died the same way.  I removed the soup and kept trying to turn it off by clicking "On" and it wouldn't go off until I walked away a few steps, it caught fire, and then came back.  It then let me turn it off by clicking "On" but it was too late.  Lame.

Anyways, seems cool but holy shit the combat is bad.  Hopefully they make that better, it seems you need to be in a VERY specific spot to hit an enemy.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

I will definitely check this out.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SaFt
    @xobballox: Yeah, the hammer sometimes didn't even hit for me even though i was standing right in front of the zombie. 

Altough when i found the Baseball bat it became way easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.