Prototype demo

Avatar image for zidane33
#1 Posted by zidane33 (94 posts) -

is there going to be a prototype demo? i'm still hesitant about buying
i think i've seen somewhere that there will be no pre-release demo but will come out eventually

Avatar image for binman88
#2 Posted by Binman88 (3700 posts) -

They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception.

Avatar image for jeust
#3 Posted by Jeust (11739 posts) -

I dunno, but i think there is a demo for the ps3.

I played it at a gamestop store.

Avatar image for kirillorlov
#4 Posted by KirillOrlov (347 posts) -
@Binman88: well they did come out with a demo to InFamous and that's pretty open world. I hope they do I want to try it as well, but the whole tons of army guys attacking you till the break of dawn doesn't sound to fun... I guess we'll see.
Avatar image for jjweatherman
#5 Posted by JJWeatherman (15101 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
" They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception. "
didn't crackdown have a demo? and I know Saints Row had a demo. But I see your point, the devs would have to go to extra effort to restrict your access to the city. I don't know exactly how much effort that would be though.
Avatar image for ecinsiefil
#6 Posted by Ecinsiefil (87 posts) -

Burnout Paradise and Skate 2 both had a demo. I dunno if there's a Prototype one, though.

Avatar image for binman88
#7 Posted by Binman88 (3700 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Binman88 said:
" They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception. "
didn't crackdown have a demo? and I know Saints Row had a demo. But I see your point, the devs would have to go to extra effort to restrict your access to the city. I don't know exactly how much effort that would be though. "
Right. A demo for an open world game isn't impossible, but having played Prototype a considerable amount, I don't see how they would restrict it and what they would allow you to do in order to get a good feel for the game without giving you too much..
Avatar image for ineedaname
#8 Posted by Ineedaname (4276 posts) -
@Binman88: Once again Infamous done a good job of that.

However if we've not seen one now and they put such a late embargo on the reviews, I doubt they'll release one.
Avatar image for jjweatherman
#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (15101 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Binman88 said:
" They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception. "
didn't crackdown have a demo? and I know Saints Row had a demo. But I see your point, the devs would have to go to extra effort to restrict your access to the city. I don't know exactly how much effort that would be though. "
Right. A demo for an open world game isn't impossible, but having played Prototype a considerable amount, I don't see how they would restrict it and what they would allow you to do in order to get a good feel for the game without giving you too much.. "
Maybe just make the demo the opening sequence where the game basically gives you a very quick run down of your powers. You probably know what I'm talking about. Maybe even add a timer onto that so you can't run around forever. Anyways, just a thought.
Avatar image for binman88
#10 Posted by Binman88 (3700 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Binman88 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Binman88 said:
" They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception. "
didn't crackdown have a demo? and I know Saints Row had a demo. But I see your point, the devs would have to go to extra effort to restrict your access to the city. I don't know exactly how much effort that would be though. "
Right. A demo for an open world game isn't impossible, but having played Prototype a considerable amount, I don't see how they would restrict it and what they would allow you to do in order to get a good feel for the game without giving you too much.. "
Maybe just make the demo the opening sequence where the game basically gives you a very quick run down of your powers. You probably know what I'm talking about. Maybe even add a timer onto that so you can't run around forever. Anyways, just a thought. "
Yeah a timed demo would be a good idea with that opening sequence - kinda like Burnout's PC demo.
Avatar image for zidane33
#11 Posted by zidane33 (94 posts) -

an open world demo isn't the big of a problem in a design point of view, look at infamous or burnout
but i guess there won't be a prototype demo hmm...

Avatar image for tomance
#12 Posted by tomance (1131 posts) -

I'm pretty sure I read that there was suppose to be a demo, or at least they were thinking about it.  I do wish they would make one, I want to try the game out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.