Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Prototype demo

zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zidane33

is there going to be a prototype demo? i'm still hesitant about buying
    i think i've seen somewhere that there will be no pre-release demo but will come out eventually

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

I dunno, but i think there is a demo for the ps3.

I played it at a gamestop store.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KirillOrlov
    @Binman88: well they did come out with a demo to InFamous and that's pretty open world. I hope they do I want to try it as well, but the whole tons of army guys attacking you till the break of dawn doesn't sound to fun... I guess we'll see.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Binman88 said:
    " They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception. "
    didn't crackdown have a demo? and I know Saints Row had a demo. But I see your point, the devs would have to go to extra effort to restrict your access to the city. I don't know exactly how much effort that would be though.
    Ecinsiefil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Ecinsiefil

Burnout Paradise and Skate 2 both had a demo. I dunno if there's a Prototype one, though.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Binman88
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    " They usually don't do demos for open world games, and I strongly doubt this will be an exception. "
    didn't crackdown have a demo? and I know Saints Row had a demo. But I see your point, the devs would have to go to extra effort to restrict your access to the city. I don't know exactly how much effort that would be though. "
    Right. A demo for an open world game isn't impossible, but having played Prototype a considerable amount, I don't see how they would restrict it and what they would allow you to do in order to get a good feel for the game without giving you too much..
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Binman88: Once again Infamous done a good job of that.

However if we've not seen one now and they put such a late embargo on the reviews, I doubt they'll release one.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Binman88 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    didn't crackdown have a demo? and I know Saints Row had a demo. But I see your point, the devs would have to go to extra effort to restrict your access to the city. I don't know exactly how much effort that would be though. "
    Right. A demo for an open world game isn't impossible, but having played Prototype a considerable amount, I don't see how they would restrict it and what they would allow you to do in order to get a good feel for the game without giving you too much.. "
    Maybe just make the demo the opening sequence where the game basically gives you a very quick run down of your powers. You probably know what I'm talking about. Maybe even add a timer onto that so you can't run around forever. Anyways, just a thought.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Binman88
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Binman88 said:
    Right. A demo for an open world game isn't impossible, but having played Prototype a considerable amount, I don't see how they would restrict it and what they would allow you to do in order to get a good feel for the game without giving you too much.. "
    Maybe just make the demo the opening sequence where the game basically gives you a very quick run down of your powers. You probably know what I'm talking about. Maybe even add a timer onto that so you can't run around forever. Anyways, just a thought. "
    Yeah a timed demo would be a good idea with that opening sequence - kinda like Burnout's PC demo.
    zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zidane33

an open world demo isn't the big of a problem in a design point of view, look at infamous or burnout
    but i guess there won't be a prototype demo hmm...

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By tomance

I'm pretty sure I read that there was suppose to be a demo, or at least they were thinking about it.  I do wish they would make one, I want to try the game out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.