Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Prototype vs Infamous

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By ErgoProxy77

This has gone on for long enough.  Recently, Gametrailers posted a "Versus" video that compared Prototype and Infamous in order to determine which one was the better game.  I am appalled that people keep looking at the two games as if they were the same.  Sure they are both third-person action games, and they both take place in an urban open world setting, but the difference in gameplay remains vast.  I think the only reason why this comparison is happening is because they were released around around the same time.  People need to remember, the only thing that determines whether a game is good or not is you, the individual.  Gametrailers, what was the point of posting that video?  What is the need to compare two vastly different games, attempting to determine which one is better?  

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ErgoProxy77

This has gone on for long enough.  Recently, Gametrailers posted a "Versus" video that compared Prototype and Infamous in order to determine which one was the better game.  I am appalled that people keep looking at the two games as if they were the same.  Sure they are both third-person action games, and they both take place in an urban open world setting, but the difference in gameplay remains vast.  I think the only reason why this comparison is happening is because they were released around around the same time.  People need to remember, the only thing that determines whether a game is good or not is you, the individual.  Gametrailers, what was the point of posting that video?  What is the need to compare two vastly different games, attempting to determine which one is better?  

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

What was that, now?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

Skip right to 1:40, Yuzow (the asian) pretty much expresses my exact same opinion on these two games. 

Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kokoro

Both are good games, but I prefer Prototype. I can see why they are compared too. They are both sandbox games with a girl who has special powers and were released around the same time.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5  Edited By delta_ass

I don't see why this needs to be done. It's apples and oranges. One's a third person shooter in the guise of a superhero game and the other's basically a Venom simulator.

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By gin_orphan

I see the merits of both games, personally I preferred inFamous. I agree that they are not the same game, but I think it's silly to suggest that there aren't powerful similarities between the two (Superhero powers, open world, etc.). I think that part of the reason for the need for the enthusiast press to compare the two stems from the console exclusivity of inFamous. If they were both multiplatform releases, both would found their niche, and that would have been that. However, we supporters of Sony's platform seem to feel a constant need to rationalize our console's 4th place (#2 goes to DS, which flies under most folks' radar)  ranking, and this causes some to create conflict where none should exist. The fact that both were released during the otherwise slow summer release schedule further increases the gaming press' need to build this debate, as there is little else to cover right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.