Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Psychonauts

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 19, 2005

Developed by Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts is a platforming action-adventure game in which players take on the role of Razputin, a young psychic out to thwart an evil plot to subvert the minds of other powerful psychics.

Psychonauts Free at the Humble store for 2 Days

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I'm sure most of you own it but anyone interested can now grab it for free for a limited time.

I believe you need a Humble account.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ezekiel

So, which version is better in 2017? Steam or GOG?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: I'm not aware of any differences.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ezekiel
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ezekiel: Probably the Steam version then. To be honest though I finished Psychonauts before they patched the meat circus level and while it was frustrating for sure, I never found it that hard to beat.
    Man I need to replay that game. Would be cool if they remastered it for PC and consoles, because the PS2 port is utter shit and the PC version has some jank.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: Oh, that sounds like they tweaked a level ppl complain about the most. It was frustrating when I played it couple years ago, I guess, with the patch. Didn't know it was worse. I guess go with Steam since it's free? Maybe someone really into Psychonauts can chime in.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@boonsong said:

@ezekiel: Probably the Steam version then. To be honest though I finished Psychonauts before they patched the meat circus level and while it was frustrating for sure, I never found it that hard to beat.

Man I need to replay that game. Would be cool if they remastered it for PC and consoles, because the PS2 port is utter shit and the PC version has some jank.

They patched Meat Circus? Wow, now I definitely need to revisit this. I've always been horrible at platforming, and that level was just too much after what was a fairly easy game up until that point.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong: I played it about a year and half ago on Steam and it was technically smooth, didn't notice any jank.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@liquiddragon: I've encountered some annoying audio issues in the PC version. Especially at the whispering rock summer camp area. Just an annoying clicking sound in the background like some audio is missing. Maybe they patched that though.

@shagge: Yeah, that level is basically just pure trial and error even if you're decent at 3D platforming.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The GOG releases seem to be equivalent at this point according to PCGamingWiki. There's apparently also a standalone patch if not.

Thanks for the tip!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.