Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Psychonauts

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 19, 2005

Developed by Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts is a platforming action-adventure game in which players take on the role of Razputin, a young psychic out to thwart an evil plot to subvert the minds of other powerful psychics.

Schafer Ready for Sequel

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By neoepoch

For those of you who don't know, Psychonauts, a Double Fine game, is a fantastic game that ended on a semi-cliffhanger.  Apparently Double Fine is ready to remedy that situation.

Kotaku Article

Who would you guys like to see publish it?

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Fuck yeah! Now, about a Grim Fandango sequel?^^

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I would rather have him just take the money required to make a sequel and have a bonfire while recording the burning pile of cash.  The millions of dollars of burning cash would probably attract more people than his games normally would.  Perhaps he could get some advertising cash for all the viewers watching a few million dollars burn.

or use it to somehow wrestle Grim Fandango away from LucasArts.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ragdrazi

Hell yah' it's time for a Psychonauts sequel!

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Romination
    @ImpendingFoil said:
    " I would rather have him just take the money required to make a sequel and have a bonfire while recording the burning pile of cash.  The millions of dollars of burning cash would probably attract more people than his games normally would.  Perhaps he could get some advertising cash for all the viewers watching a few million dollars burn.  or use it to somehow wrestle Grim Fandango away from LucasArts. "
    I thought I was going to be the dick in this thread. But you beat me to it! 

Seriously, though, I'd love to see what publisher he convinces to fund his sequel to a game that flopped out of a development house that usually makes games that don't sell. 
    Hilarity ensues if it's Activision.
    GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GunnBjorn
    @mylifeforAiur said:

"Fuck yeah! Now, about a Grim Fandango sequel?^^ "

Grim Fandango is property of LucasArts. And no, I do not want a sequell or remake of it. I love that game too much.

However, I loved the first Psychonauts and a second installment would be great!
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder
    @mylifeforAiur said:

" Fuck yeah! Now, about a Grim Fandango sequel?^^ "

That would be one of the worst games to get a sequel...everything wrapped up so neatly at the end D: But I would love a point and click version...

Also, Tim Schafer is a creative guy, I'd rather see new IP from him than a sequel to Psychonauts (even if the game does warrant a sequel)
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I bet it falls short of expectations. I tried Pyschonauts... didn't get it at all.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By spankingaddict

OMG! please let there be a Psychonauts 2!!!

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mylifeforAiur
    @BeachThunder said:
    " @mylifeforAiur said:

That would be one of the worst games to get a sequel...everything wrapped up so neatly at the end D: But I would love a point and click version...  Also, Tim Schafer is a creative guy, I'd rather see new IP from him than a sequel to Psychonauts (even if the game does warrant a sequel) "
    I want Manny Calavera and Glottis back dammit! Tim Schafer could make it work somehow (LucasArts probably owns the IP though).......... 
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By BeachThunder
    @mylifeforAiur said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    " @mylifeforAiur said:

That would be one of the worst games to get a sequel...everything wrapped up so neatly at the end D: But I would love a point and click version...  Also, Tim Schafer is a creative guy, I'd rather see new IP from him than a sequel to Psychonauts (even if the game does warrant a sequel) "
    I want Manny Calavera and Glottis back dammit! Tim Schafer could make it work somehow (LucasArts probably owns the IP though)..........  "
    Well, if you've played the game you'll know that makes no sense >_< You could just play Grim Fandango again.
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Akrid

Seems like he's more interested in making it profitable, which is fine, but I hope he has some good ideas for this game.

It'd be better if he accepted the fact that nothing with his name on it will ever make money.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I think that's honestly the only Tim Schafer game I've really hoped to have a sequel. I'm so pumped for this.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By turboman

I wouldn't believe that Schafer would ever make a sequel 4 years ago... now I do... 

Psychonauts is in my top 10 all time... I'll be waiting in line.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Cincaid

As Schafer says in the article; "it's really a question of getting a publisher who's interested in doing it". And considering how poorly the first Psychonauts sold (sadly), that might be a bigger problem than most think. Publishers most of the time only have one goal in mind: money. That, and based on disappointing sales figures from Brutal Legend, it might be difficult for Schafer to find publishers these days who're interested in investing time and money in big projects from Double Fine.

'tis sad.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

This would be perfect for an episodic. I also wouldn't care if it were a pure adventure, the platforming stunk anyway.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Hmmm thats not what he said in the recent long and exhaustive EGM interview.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @Claude said:
    " I bet it falls short of expectations. I tried Pyschonauts... didn't get it at all. "
    The only part I liked/got was the russian kid who always wanted to wrestle the hairless bear. He was hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.