Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Battlegrounds QQ thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi guys.

I figured I'd start a thread where people can let off some steam, I personally found myself being a bit more negative than I'd normally be in other unrelated battlegrounds threads here because I just had a couple of bad experiences in a row. Don't get me wrong Battlegrounds is a really fun, but also a quite brutal game and I found that with other games (starcraft 2, various mobas) these types of threads can be quite cathartic.

So maybe you got shot in the back by some guy/gal who was running outside the circle. Maybe you got a bullet in your skull from seemingly another dimension. Maybe you were unlucky for the 4th time in a row and landed in the school unable to find a weapon. Maybe a bathroom camper shot you in the face with a shotgun and looted all your sick gear. Whatever you need to get off your chest, feel free to do it here, let me and everyone know they're not alone.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

I have yet to be super frustrated. I've adopted a very aggressive style where the kills are the goal and i have alot more fun that way. It helps that i had my first chicken dinner so winning is no longer my end goal.

Getting killed when you think you are behind cover due to lag though, super annoying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn said:

I have yet to be super frustrated yet. I've adopted a very aggressive style where the kills are the goal and i have alot more fun that way. It helps that i had my first chicken dinner so winning is no longer my end goal.

Getting killed when you think you are behind cover due to lag though, super annoying.

Yeah, I 90% of the time play the same way, except I'm not very good at the actual killing part. Sometimes it works out for me and it's super gratifying. Had a funny/frustrating instance where a guy was chasing me and punching me in the back, I ran into a dead end closet thing and found an uzi and started reloading and when I thought the animation was done I stepped back and started firing, except the animation wasn't done and I had to start reloading all over again and died to the guys fists of doom.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Picky_Bugger

The game is much less frustrating now 1PP is in the game. Vastly prefer it now.

However, still getting annoyed by the bars on windows and the chain link fences where bullets only go through from one side.

Also the amount of times I seem to shoot someone with a L1 helmet in the head with the k98 and they don't go down then I'll seemingly go down after one shot from a 9mm pistol that's been fired from about 3 miles away.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@mikemcn said:

I have yet to be super frustrated yet. I've adopted a very aggressive style where the kills are the goal and i have alot more fun that way. It helps that i had my first chicken dinner so winning is no longer my end goal.

Yeah, I 90% of the time play the same way, except I'm not very good at the actual killing part. Sometimes it works out for me and it's super gratifying. Had a funny/frustrating instance where a guy was chasing me and punching me in the back, I ran into a dead end closet thing and found an uzi and started reloading and when I thought the animation was done I stepped back and started firing, except the animation wasn't done and I had to start reloading all over again and died to the guys fists of doom.

Just be super predatory, roll up on dudes just as they park their car and attack. Most of the time they'll be too surprised to fight back effectively.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn said:

I have yet to be super frustrated. I've adopted a very aggressive style where the kills are the goal and i have alot more fun that way. It helps that i had my first chicken dinner so winning is no longer my end goal.

This. The Zen secret of PUBG is to stop caring about chicken dinners. It's an amazing generator of cool gaming moments. If I get a kill that makes me smile, I consider that game a success.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mostly just get pissed when I land in an 'I'm fucked' scenario, and get killed right away. I just don't like the wasted time.

In those scenarios, I especially hate the loading lobby, and wish badly for there to be a "Mute loading lobby ONLY" option.

LarryUnderwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The motorcycle with the sidecar is a fucking deathtrap. Death. Trap.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a QQ, unrelated to the actually gameplay itself. Opened 1 loot crate, a red baseball cap, not great but okay i'll put it on my character. Next crate....red baseball cap, welp, i guess you can get dupes. Open a third crate...take a damn guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot said:

I got a QQ, unrelated to the actually gameplay itself. Opened 1 loot crate, a red baseball cap, not great but okay i'll put it on my character. Next crate....red baseball cap, welp, i guess you can get dupes. Open a third crate...take a damn guess.

Haha thats fucking harsh. I accidentally bought 5 gamescom crates until I realized I need to buy fucking keys for them. But thats my own fault at least.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I've not been too frustrated with the game now. I haven't played heaps (well, 30 hours, but not a lot) and a lot of the first 10 or so hours of the game I had no idea how I was getting killed - I would just be dead, which was frustrating. What's more annoying now is that I'm generally aware of why I get killed, which is usually my own fault - so I'm still learning. I've only had a couple of really frustrating things where I felt the game screwed me.

At the moment, every first game the buildings don't render in so they're just formless blobs, it takes anywhere from 10 second to almost a minute for them to load in. Usually a couple of games in this is fine. I've had twice where I've been killed because of this, which sucks, but in the grand scheme of things, not too bad.

The only real broken kill was a house I was happily camping in, heard footsteps, I took up position behind the stairs and the guy came up and grenaded and shot me before I actually got to see him, which was either a) lag or b) he took extra good use of the third person camera to have seen me. Oh well.

I had to turn the game off once after finishing 3rd and dying (because it was my fault, I ended up getting killed by the circle in a real stupid way). That broke me for a bit (also is my highest finish so yeah...)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@panfoot said:

Haha thats fucking harsh. I accidentally bought 5 gamescom crates until I realized I need to buy fucking keys for them. But thats my own fault at least.

Dude those crates are currently worth £2.50 each, and are only going to go up in value now they are no longer available (possibly ever again). I'd be pretty stoked if I had 5 of them - I only got 3 and finally could afford a 4th today, but they're gone!

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have 3 pairs of black slacks...

More annoyed at myself than anything in the game. Since getting my first solo din-dins I've been sucking big style, and have barely managed a single kill.

Mic_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dave_tacitus: Yeah, the duplicate loot system is shitty but isn't that how they all work? I'd saved up my points and bought 6 games com crates with the intention of maybe selling them later on but then opened the lot in a frenzy of key buying. 3 pairs of black slacks and some other nonsense and I went back to my original loadout thinking "yeah, that's about right".

I've taken to not caring about the wins too. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience if you're not always focused solely on the win. Grabbing a bike and doing some sick jumps is great fun. Also, trying a different jump strategy each time can help keep things fresh too.

@kcin said:

I mostly just get pissed when I land in an 'I'm fucked' scenario, and get killed right away. I just don't like the wasted time.

In those scenarios, I especially hate the loading lobby, and wish badly for there to be a "Mute loading lobby ONLY" option.

Agreed. This is the most frustrating thing for me too. Usually I just hit matchmaking and go and get a drink or something. I try to spend as little time as possible looking at the loading lobby.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Really I can sell crates that someone then has to pay to get a key to open? I am so clueless when it comes to stuff like this lol.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@tothenines: Yep, if you go to your inventory on Steam there's a button to sell them on the marketplace. The money goes straight into your Steam wallet, but hey it's free money off your next purchase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rasdaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I always feel like I can never figure out exactly where I'm getting shot from.

Maybe I should stick to the trees more...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had a game with the best load out I might ever have had.

decide to go for the cautious approach and land in Georgopol at the very end and loot in complete peace. I get a level 3 helmet, level 3 back pack, level 2 vest, fully kitted out sks and quickly find a car and decide to go top route of the map looting the underground bases and find a times 8x scope for my sks, then I go to the compound just north of Polyana where a crate basically drops on my head with an LMG. First time I get one of these, hell yeah. So I kit it out with a red dot and decide to get an early start on the small circle so I drive to one of the houses there where I encounter another player in a dacia and I think to myself, "hmm, I hear this LMG shreds cars" so I get out of my truck and stick to back side corner of it and he comes straight for me, probably around 80-100 meters away, so I unload at the front of the Dacia with the LMG, but he does not give a shit and runs me over. 0 kills, welcome back to the lobby. I know I should have shot for the player or just run to the house, but still sucks :b

stevewestmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to record this gem of a death a few days ago.

Loading Video...

Little did i know it would only be the beginning of my troubles. Two days later i got stuck in between a wall and a front buggy tire and couldn't move in any direction, couldn't jump or stand since i was crouched down. as the fifth circle moved in i blew the buggy up to dislodge myself and lost most of my health but wasn't able to heal before it ate me. i also got killed waiting out a red zone in a house standing to close too wall. now i just run through them and haven't been hurt once. last night i also didn't notice that i pressed x to put my gun away when i went prone and didn't know why i wasn't firing as some guy ran up on me when there were only 6 people left. that problem will never happen again since i rebound it to a different key far away from anything important.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to north Georgopol with my squad, for whatever reason there was nobody else there at all, despite being directly under the plane. We looted every building, all silenced guns, scopes, level 3 helmets, medical equipment coming out our ears. Not a peep from anyone, the circle keeps closing in on us so we don't have to move...

Until we do have to move, to the South of the city. For whatever reason we decide to swim instead of take the bridge.

3 of us died to the circle. I ended up on a rock by a cliff using my healing items, Evermore style, until I finally died with 20 people left.

Most unsatisfying game ever. Now we joke that any game where someone finds a silencer before a gun, it's a cursed run.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@gerrid: My friends and I call that area "Bayside" and we rarely find vehicles there, so the strategy is to loot n scoot! Or if you're in a full squad have 1 guy go find wheels while everyone else loots their faces off in there.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mic_d said:

@dave_tacitus: Yeah, the duplicate loot system is shitty but isn't that how they all work?

A few years ago, they changed Dota's crate system to a) give you a full set whenever you open one instead of an individual piece of a set (assuming the cosmetic is a piece of a set and not a standalone), and b) not give you any duplicates until you've already gotten every non-'very rare' drop from a specific chest

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAT UPDATE:

Crate #7, Red Hat #4

Ketta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was trying to play really spicy for a few rounds in a row, but eventually the game said "Naw, no more buildings".

Loading Video...

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hit someone with a headshot yesterday and their lifeless corpse still managed to run me over with their buggy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hit someone with a headshot yesterday and their lifeless corpse still managed to run me over with their buggy.

Could have been me, except I did it with a Dacia.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dave_tacitus said:

Could have been me, except I did it with a Dacia.

Clutch.

LarryUnderwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ketta said:

I was trying to play really spicy for a few rounds in a row, but eventually the game said "Naw, no more buildings".

Loading Video...

Those things on the top right in the thumbnail look strangely like spores from Halo...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just died in the redzone. Inside a house. Was looting a bathroom. Yup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.