Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Connection Woes

krustopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) on the purchase yesterday but I haven't been able to connect to a single game. I hit 'Play' and it comes up matchmaking then moves to the title screen for about a minute or so then just gives me 'Connection Timeout 2.2.24'. I assume if I've created a character and make it through matchmaking I'm already talking to the servers right? Done some searching but aside from the obligatory re-install drivers, verify files etc... there seems to be little info on how to work out where my issue is coming from.

So far Steam shows me having played for an hour but I haven't actually had boots on the blood stained murder ground.

Pjmcfatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of that happening. Have you tried the different servers or just NA?

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't experienced that, but however, after the new patch hit this morning, the game is totally fucked, so I picked the wrong day to buy it on. In the beginning you are warping and teleporting all over the place, including enemies, doors open with a 2 second delay and continues to do so until you reach 50 players or so. So early game gun fights are so random in who wins, unless you get the beat on a guy. Also occasionally there is this terrible sound bug that hits late game which made me turn off the sound entirely, which of course leaves me fucked, has happened twice so far. The fps are also jumping all over the place. This is all a bit hilarious considering the patch was mostly a performance patch. The only thing that excuses all these issues in my mind is the fact that this game is in early access.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Haven't experienced that, but however, after the new patch hit this morning, the game is totally fucked, so I picked the wrong day to buy it on. In the beginning you are warping and teleporting all over the place, including enemies, doors open with a 2 second delay and continues to do so until you reach 50 players or so. So early game gun fights are so random in who wins, unless you get the beat on a guy. Also occasionally there is this terrible sound bug that hits late game which made me turn off the sound entirely, which of course leaves me fucked, has happened twice so far. The fps are also jumping all over the place. This is all a bit hilarious considering the patch was mostly a performance patch. The only thing that excuses all these issues in my mind is the fact that this game is in early access.

They've addressed that fixes for all of these things are coming on their twitter, by the way

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

It's a known issue, probably due to their recent update. Just hang in there.

krustopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By krustopian

Tried a number of servers but being in Australia was mostly trying Oceanic. Got my Steam time played up to 1.5 hours... 100% watching menus or connection pop-ups.

Yeah, I've now seen a post acknowledging the server issue, seems it wasn't just me. I guess my timing was just particularly bad. Meh, that's the beauty of early access.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded the test server version to see first person mode early and couldn't even get to the menus. It's this latest patch's fault. Great game otherwise, dont worry.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krustopian: Curious, seen as you're in Australia do you happen to have a Thompson or Technicolor modem/router?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Just bought the game too. I noticed that the windows firewall popped up asking for permissions for the game. Did you happen to miss that prompt or select No?

krustopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: No neither, running with the stock Hauwei unit supplied by my NBN supplier (just got connected to the national broadband network... using 30 year old cable, yay!?)

@super2j: Yeah nah, part of the standard checks was checking, disabling, removing, re-instating firewall/exceptions etc. All fine as far as I can tell.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're definitely having some server problems from the new update. Not that everything was perfect, but I'd only see occasional NETWORK LAG DETECTED notices once or twice in 10 matches. Now me and my friends are getting server crashes entirely, where we're both experiencing the same thing. I think there's something in the update taxing the servers because the game actually starts off with a lot of rubbber banding lag in the beginning, which I've never seen before, and begins to get better the more and more people die and leave.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They fixed it. Slight input delay, but overall much better.

krustopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm... still no connection. Going back to the drawing board.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krustopian: I had this exact issue, I tried all the recommended re-verifying, re-downloading, checking the firewall options but still nothing. What worked for me was enabling the VPN on my PC and problems solved.

If you don't already have a VPN I think this is worth trying, there's free options about so you can test this.

(Private Internet Access is the VPN I use)

krustopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I fixed it... somehow... that is to say I went through the whole disable everything (AV, firewall etc), power cycle devices etc but this time I got it to connect. Problem is, now that I've put everything back on to start narrowing down the culprit, it's still connecting!? I did nothing additional to my previous tries so I'm thinking just some auto-config setting that didn't take the first half dozens tries?

New broadband connection, New router (preconfigured by ISP), Game patch issues - maybe just my own little perfect storm. Definitely appreciate the input though folks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.