Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Matchmaking mostly dead on Xbox?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quipido

I recently came back to this game, on Xbox (and they did improve the performance to mostly steady framerate now, so it plays so much better), I had an OK time matchmaking in the evenings (6pm-9pm), taking around 5 minutes to get into a game. But anytime outside of that window I just don't get into a game. It's 10am now an I just let it go for 15 minutes and nothing. I am not a programmer, but I don't understand why it let's me spin in the menu for that long, considering how the game is structured: if there is no current server being filled up, spin a new one and then let other people join? At least that way, in the lobby area/pre-game I would actually see there are not enough people to start a match. Even at those evening peak hours it usually takes me to a game with 50-60 people and we wait for the rest. I really enjoy the game as it is now, but I can only play it during a specific time, which is a huge bummer, especially for someone like me who works day and night shifts.

Xbox One, Europe servers.

Anyone else playing on the console? What is your region and how has your experience with matchmaking been?

EDIT: First Person Perspective Solo only

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't have the console version, but this seems crazy to me. The game is still ridiculously popular across the board, I think.

Like you, I have no idea about the technical details, but maybe it's your NAT settings that are causing issues with matchmaking.

mrbootyshank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I’m also on the X1 and on Euro servers, what matches are you looking for?

I’ve recently been having more luck with TPP solos than FPP which is annoying as I prefer FPP for solo games.

I’ve waited for 10mins+ for FPP with no luck and then got straight into a TPP after cancelling.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some regions were affected when they changed the way matchmaking works several patches ago. When this happened it became impossible to find FPP Solo matches on OC servers (PC). That was months ago. The problem happened overnight and was never fixed. Not sure if your servers are impacted in a similar way.

Are you trying for TPP or FPP? Also on PC matchmaking estimated times can fluctuate simply by hitting cancel and trying again until you find a match.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I forgot to mention I only play FPP Solo, which of course limits me because most people play TPP. I have an open NAT as well and had no problems in months after release (only performance obviously, not matchmaking). This is kind of fucked.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the game went 1.0, it's 8pm now, I just tried to matchmake for 15 mins (12 minutes straight, cancelled and joined the queue again for 3 minutes) and nothing, currently in Europe, in First person this game is Dead On Arrival.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.