Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quake

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 23, 1996

The follow-up to id's 1993 game Doom, and one of the earliest first-person shooters to make full use of 3D polygonal graphics and level design. Featuring a dark and gritty atmosphere inspired by gothic and Lovecraftian fiction, players traverse numerous dimensions in an attempt to stop the invasion of eldritch forces led by the mysterious "Quake".

Quake Shareware's 25th Anniversary!

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Happy birthday, pak0.pak.

Also, something I've noticed something that needs to be updated on the Giant Bomb page, is that the soundtrack got proper titles last year with the vinyl release of the soundtrack.

Earlier today, YouTuber decino was hosting this madness, over 140+ players spawning and immediately getting telefragged.

But the real anniversary of the full-version isn't until next month. So who knows what people will be up to til then!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Happy birthday Quake! So many fantastic mods came out of that game, always loved the Ace Combat-ish AirQuake, though obviously Team Fortress and Rocket Arena were the most popular.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only became aware of Quake after Quake 2 so it's easy for me to forget how weird Quake was.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

I was a PC user at the time and played all the big name pc games yet somehow Quake completely eluded me. I have memories of Hexen, Rise of the Triad, Heretic, Duke 3D then a long blank and Half Life 1 and the countless multiplayer mods it spawned.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, shareware Quake came out on my birthday?

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best soundtracks of all time, made by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails (as I'm sure everyone knows.) The soundtrack is soooooooo dark and grimy. Love it. Game's glorious as well. 25 years, kinda feels like 25 years...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.