Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quake

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 23, 1996

The follow-up to id's 1993 game Doom, and one of the earliest first-person shooters to make full use of 3D polygonal graphics and level design. Featuring a dark and gritty atmosphere inspired by gothic and Lovecraftian fiction, players traverse numerous dimensions in an attempt to stop the invasion of eldritch forces led by the mysterious "Quake".

Steam sale question

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Thoseposers

Hey guys i saw that Quake had a franchise sale going on today and since i was somewhat young at the time they came out i never got to play any of them. So i wanted to ask you guys if it is worth it buying Quake one, two, or three instead of just playing that free online version? And if i were to buy any of these on Steam which ones should i get?

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By emem

@thoseposers: Probably not, if you actually want to play them. But as a fan I'd want everyone to own at least Quake 1 and Quake 3. ;)

There are still people playing QW (Quake 1) every night in Europe and it's still a great game, but you would die all the time and most likely not enjoy playing it.

No idea about Q2.

Quake Live is basically Q3, except that the best maps are missing. But at least you've got people playing Quake Live.. Quake 3 is dead as far as I know.

Edit: Oh right, Quake 1 and 2 do have singleplayer campaigns, maybe those would be interesting to see for you. And Quake 3 does have a singleplayer mode too, but it's called Quake 3 "Arena" for a reason.. there's no real story, just single maps against bots. You can get that with Quake Live for free though.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iDarktread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.