MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

Hey duders,

So I am anxiously awaiting the launch of Quantum Break tonight. Has anyone received their code for the Windows Store copy yet?

Nothing for me yet.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By newmoneytrash

Yeah, I haven't either.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By petethepanda

Official wording on this: Windows 10 game code will be sent via Xbox system message around the week of April 5, 2016.

I'm not terribly hopeful we'll get the code on/before launch. (But who knows, there's not really precedent for something like this with MS.)

Edit: ‏@QuantumBreak 52 minutes ago To clarify some ?'s the Win10 version will be available "April 5th PST" in that 24h time frame. We will tweet when it's live! #StayTuned

Edit edit: Actually, yeah, "7-10 days." Curses.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Does anyone know what time the game is even suppose to go up on the windows store? Seems weird how it's already April 5th and we know so little about this PC release.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xanadu said:

Does anyone know what time the game is even suppose to go up on the windows store? Seems weird how it's already April 5th and we know so little about this PC release.

Everything going as expected then.

briarpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pre-order codes will be sent out "within 7-10 days of release".

Available in the Windows store in 15 minutes.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, if they cant even deliver preorder codes by the release date, Windows Store is still a complete gong show.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wonder just how few copies they will sell of this game on PC. Hell, are they even selling it on PC, or is it just a free with xbox thing? Cause there's nothing on the Windows 10 store app for it.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By petethepanda

Via the QB Twitter, they're going out in waves, but they're still making it sound like they'll all be distributed by the end of today. (Edit: ...or not -_- )

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 14

#10 Humanity  Online

@alexw00d: It's listed in the Windows 10 store as a regular game to be purchased for $60.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

@alexw00d: It's listed in the Windows 10 store as a regular game to be purchased for $60.

Huh it's not on the store front, but it's searchable. It's also £50, gotta love regional price increases.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By gundogan

Once you're in Quantum Break, you're not getting out (no quit button for the PC version).

No Caption Provided

Also, it's 69.99 euros here.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xanadu

@gundogan: You have to use time travel to go back before you started the game.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which windows store? The one I have does not list the game at all, just some soundtrack...

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nevermind found it but £50?! I'm ok then thanks.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is just for people who bought it on Xbone? Cause that really sucks if you buy in the windows store and have to wait a week to play lol.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So looks like they are sending out the codes over the next 7-10 days.

what. the. fuck.

i'm gonna have the game beat (on xbox one) by the time I get the code for PC. -_-

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7-10 days is unacceptable for what amounts to an automated email. They're not shipping it across the continental US. Whatever, I guess I'm not playing Quantum Break until after Dark Souls 3.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

wow... 7 to 10 days.. that is crazy! i'm happy i cancelled my pre-order

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I pre-ordered two minutes before midnight on 4/4.
My game was installing and I got a purchase confirmation email dated 4/4/16 but my purchase date in that email says 4/5/16.
That got me worried because there was no clear indicator that it was still a pre-order so I contacted MS to figure this out before it's too late.
I made it clear to support that after mixed reviews I was questioning the pre-order which why I did it so late, but I wanted to support this new PC/console initiative that MS is doing.
The support person noted the reasons I went through with the purchase and that I wanted a refund if I had any issues getting my Windows 10 code.
In an effort to avoid getting accused of playing the game and trying to return it I have not even completed the first act.
So now I'm waiting to fight them on the issue, unfortunately this 7-10 shit which is complete BS (wtf is the reason for such a time period?) might be a blessing in disguise.
Maybe that will give them time to fix some of the issues with the PC port.

Short story long... no I have not gotten my Windows 10 code yet.
Those digital UPS guys must be super busy this time of year.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Codes will begin to go out tomorrow. Which I bet means everyone gets there code tomorrow.

I finished the game on Xbox One today. I really really enjoyed it.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC codes should have gone out. I got mine at least...

The game runs surprisingly well for me with SLI. Maybe it is just using one of my 970s and I can't tell since my overlay programs don't work, but it still runs well.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game runs like ass on PC. And this is coming from somebody with a 4 ghz core i7, 980ti and 16gb ram. Doesn't matter what setting I'm on, I can't even get it to stay at 30fps. And it never goes above 30.

Seriously, stick with Xbox One.

Tiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't have any of the pre-order codes and I'm not alone. There are lots of people on the xbox one support forums who are not amused. I don't even have an xbox one and wanted to get this deal so I would also have the xbox version if I buy the console sometime later. But now I haven't been able to play the game at all yet.

MATATAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MATATAT

I was thinking about this the other day and contacted MS support about it. They made a ticket for me and I was waiting to hear back from them. Randomly I launched the Xbox app on Windows 10 for some unrelated reason and realized I had a message. Turns out instead of sending me an email like they said they would they actually sent me a message on Xbox. This has happened several days prior to me calling into support. I basically never go to the user dashboard on Xbox unless I need to futz with the setting or something so I had no idea. If you preordered straight from the Xbox store you might want to check that.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I got my code around a week after the launch but I haven't played it on PC yet since I'm waiting for Remedy to at least patch out some of the horrible performance/graphical issues on the PC version.

Tiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat said:

I was thinking about this the other day and contacted MS support about it. They made a ticket for me and I was waiting to hear back from them. Randomly I launched the Xbox app on Windows 10 for some unrelated reason and realized I had a message. Turns out instead of sending me an email like they said they would they actually sent me a message on Xbox. This has happened several days prior to me calling into support. I basically never go to the user dashboard on Xbox unless I need to futz with the setting or something so I had no idea. If you preordered straight from the Xbox store you might want to check that.

I've been checking the Xbox Win 10 app (and the Xbox website, and messages on my 360), but there have been no messages. Good thing that at least someone has actually gotten the codes..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.