You Probably Shouldn't Buy Quantum Break On PC

• 57 results
Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

You know it's funny that people complaining about the stuttering of this game. I thought it was intentional with the way they do their time warping in this game. Shrugs! It's still the first game in a long time I got all 1000 achievement points on and would play again on PC if I had known that pre-ordering through brick and mortar would not get you a PC code. :-/ oh well.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

1. I knew UWP was going to be a disaster.

2. The thread title should've just been "You Probably Shouldn't Buy Quantum Break." Could've taken the "on PC" part off. Seriously, the game is bad.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

As a Remedy fan who is super bummed out-

You Probably Shouldn't Buy Quantum Break

:(

iAmJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Everything about this game seems like a disaster. Dammit, Remedy. :<

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By thetenthdoctor

This forum seems pretty dead, but FYI there's a patch out now that fixes frame pacing and allows you to turn off film grain and the upscaler.

Seems like 4xMSAA is still forced on however, which crushes framerates pretty hard in the native rendering mode.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetenthdoctor: o wow, seems super weird to force msaa x4. That patch all sounds good. Remedy said they were considering 21;9 support... So hope they patch that in.

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Did anyone have the same issues as the Red Letter Media guys? There review is funny, but I'm more interested in the experience they had on PC.

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By thetenthdoctor

So just fooling around last night I found an interesting thing.

I've been playing at 900p to maintain a decent framerate on my mid level PC. Just for kicks I turned it up to 1080p and it was 15fps city. But here's the funny part- left it set to 1080p, quit the game and relaunched it- and suddenly the framerate was nice and smooth. At least 40-45fps.

I was able to duplicate it twice. Turning up the settings while in game destroys framerate, but closing and relaunching the whole game after you've turned up the settings results in greatly increased performance. Give it a try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.