Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Conundrum

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 21, 2012

When the brilliant but eccentric Professor Fitz Quadwrangle accidentally strands himself in an alternate dimension, he gets his young nephew to don a dimension-shifting techno-glove in order to solve puzzles and explore the sprawling halls of Quadwrangle Manor to find a way to rescue him.

A Little Bit Of: Quantum Conundrum

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By lim_ak

Fluffy Dimension!

A game made by Airtight games, who made Dark Void, and Kim Swift, who was one of the main minds behind the original Portal. So it seems a little unfair to compare those two games directly but it's sort of inevitable. Both first person puzzle games where you have a narrator commenting as you play through the game.

That aside though I think they've actually managed to make a compelling puzzle game. Yes it doesn't always quite pan out and some of the humour falls flat and I realise that if you hate puns you're going to be tearing your hair out at some point. But the parts where you just have a giant room with a bunch of moving parts and you think through what you need to do and then just do it is awesome. The parts that are less awesome are the ones that are slightly more platforming based, that can end up being rather clunky and awkward at times, especially when it's asking you to use some of the worlds smaller items as platforms like the safes instead of the nice big couches.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lim_ak

Fluffy Dimension!

A game made by Airtight games, who made Dark Void, and Kim Swift, who was one of the main minds behind the original Portal. So it seems a little unfair to compare those two games directly but it's sort of inevitable. Both first person puzzle games where you have a narrator commenting as you play through the game.

That aside though I think they've actually managed to make a compelling puzzle game. Yes it doesn't always quite pan out and some of the humour falls flat and I realise that if you hate puns you're going to be tearing your hair out at some point. But the parts where you just have a giant room with a bunch of moving parts and you think through what you need to do and then just do it is awesome. The parts that are less awesome are the ones that are slightly more platforming based, that can end up being rather clunky and awkward at times, especially when it's asking you to use some of the worlds smaller items as platforms like the safes instead of the nice big couches.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By AssInAss

I love the first person platforming (Mirror's Edge is one of my favorite games), there are not many puzzle games that require twitch-based precision along with the preparatory thinking. I can see people not being a fan of platforming in that perspective because it's hard to gauge distances, but nothing in the game has made me tear my hair out...yet. I like that you can come up with your own solutions, in that game-breaking dynamic way with the platforms, you feel this isn't how it was designed but hey I did it! Weird sense of satisfaction. I haven't had much trouble with that.

You've got a great voice, and great job on the commentary. It took me a day or two to figure out the last puzzle in your video, so for me it's been the planning of the solution that has taken more time than solving any of the platforming.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lim_ak

@AssInAss: Thanks for watching it! I think I got stuck on only one of the puzzles, but that was me really overthinking the solution. On the other hand there were multiple occasions where I knew what to do but couldn't pull it off well. I'm sure part of it was me being crap but it's really some of the platforming that has frustrated me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.